2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HFT seems to have lost the plot when I'm trying to pair a phone. I can get as far as ‘‘A new phone has been found. What would you like to name this phone?" As soon as I press the talk button to name the phone the HFT switches itself off! I don't think I'm doing anything wrong??

The HFT paired fine before and now does the same thing with three different phones. I have tried doing the bluetooth "system clear" that removes all paired phones, tel numbers, etc to no avail. I have even disconnected the car battery to see if that would resolve the issue again to no avail. Anyone know if theres a master reset hidden away or is it back to a honda dealer jobby.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Well I have to be honest and say I haven't got a clue, sorry. :(

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
new one on me :(

I got myself into all sorts of pickles when I first got the Civ, trying to use the Sat Nav voice buttons instead of the HFT voice buttons :oops:

But you seem to know your way round the system, so I'm kinda guessing it's not that!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Remember if yourre trying to pair 3 phones, make sure the Bluetooth on the other two is switched off before attempting to pair the other one. I have two phones paired ok. Remember that there may be other [neighbours] phones with bluetooth switched on - that won't help matters.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Do you need to be turned on?

Can anyone confirm if you need to activate the bluetooth and turn it on each time you get in the car?
I have definitely successfully paired both my N95 and the other 6230 (Both Nokia).
It seems though, that in order for it to work in the car I have to switch the bluetooth on each time. Is this right?
I don't keep it on as a matter of course and it is a real pain if I jump in the car and forget.
Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Can anyone confirm if you need to activate the bluetooth and turn it on each time you get in the car?
I have definitely successfully paired both my N95 and the other 6230 (Both Nokia).
It seems though, that in order for it to work in the car I have to switch the bluetooth on each time. Is this right?
I don't keep it on as a matter of course and it is a real pain if I jump in the car and forget.
Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks.
If you don't have your Bluetooth turned on in your phone then it won't pair at all with the Honda HFT system. It doesn't drain the phone battery very much if you leave it turned on all the time. Don't forget to set it to 'auto recognize' the Honda HFT system as well though.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Thank you.
Wondered why it kept saying that no phones were found !

·
Registered
73 Posts
An interesting thing I have found is that the Honda Bluetooth tends to drain my phone battery at an astonishing rate -- much more than a Bluetooth headset. Possibly it is because it maintains a much more active connection to ensure a quick response. I would estimate that on my Motorola Razr V3 the battery life is cut to a third.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Quite possible. The Razr is a 3-year old model, and I suspect Bluetooth has moved on a bit since then in terms of power efficiency and how it links up. Still it is interesting to know that this is not a universal 'feature'.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts