2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Supporter
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

when you recieve a call does it display the caller name on the dash? i assumed it would as i have seen it in other cars. or is this dependant on the mobile phone i have??

·
Registered
122 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, I read somewhere that it doesn't.
Can't confirm 'cause I haven't got the car yet !

·
Supporter
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well if thats the case its a bit turd!!! so it means getting your phone out to see who has called.

·
Supporter
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well thats an absolute load of pants........ Not impressed!! [smilie=mad.gif]

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
The HFT system is very poor but I don't worry about it anymore as names or numbers appear on my watch. My phone is a Sony Ericsson K850i and it's bluetooth'd to my Sony Ericsson MBW-150 watch. Incoming calls are all sorted. :) Just need to sort out outgoing. :(

Phil.

·
Supporter
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jkitjhjgjfhjdhkiykixdryidty thats what i think!!

·
Foglight Covers FORSALE
3,178 Posts
i will keep a look out for you stella artois.

·
Registered
69 Posts
no the hft doesn't show any caller info on the screen! to start with i thought it was rubbish, but its like anything after a few weeks you get used to it!

its well worth reading through the manual a couple of times though to pick all the little tips i.e. saying redial to call the last number etc...

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
The HFT system is very poor but I don't worry about it anymore as names or numbers appear on my watch. My phone is a Sony Ericsson K850i and it's bluetooth'd to my Sony Ericsson MBW-150 watch. Incoming calls are all sorted. :) Just need to sort out outgoing. :(

Phil.
I noticed I can transfer call sound to the Honda after the call has started with my 850i.

Using the latest Vodafone phone firmware (which is usually a few versions older than the latest SONY one).

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
aye - "transfer" transfers the call from the phone to the HFT and vice versa :)

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
aye - "transfer" transfers the call from the phone to the HFT and vice versa :)
But you sound pretty stupid shouting "TRANSFER" at the person you are talking to...

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
yes, it does help if you remember to press the HFT button first :oops:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Get this, the dealer I brought my car off said the phonebook would synch with the car via bluetooth so I could easily access all my phone contacts.
Much to my surprise when I tried to do this after taking delivery I quickly found this was not the case.
Very p***ed off. Now I have to add them all manually and I'm limited to 50...

DMAN

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Get this, the dealer I brought my car off said the phonebook would synch with the car via bluetooth so I could easily access all my phone contacts.
Much to my surprise when I tried to do this after taking delivery I quickly found this was not the case.
Very p***ed off. Now I have to add them all manually and I'm limited to 50...

DMAN
Moral of the story - don´t ask your dealer, ask Civinfo.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Now I have to add them all manually and I'm limited to 50...

DMAN
And wait until you actually want the use them !! That's when it gets frustrating saying a name 10 times and it comes back with something different every time ;)

I've a Samsung D900 with my HFT and it was forever dropping the bluetooth link, went back to an old Motorola V600 and it worked fine so in the end turned out to be the phone. Vodafone found the fault and it's back working a treat now, but it really is an expensive load speaker as somebody has said.

If I'd bought it as an extra I'd be hacked off, but as it came with the spec it will do. The redial option is your friend though. I've also mastered the "send" option for sending number to my voicemail so I can work that through the hands free now too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts