2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So is the only way to get my phone numbers into the HFT system to talk to it, saying the numbers one by one ?

Is there not a way to get the HFT to download the numbers in my phone via the Bluetooth link ? Like you can with a TomTom.

Alternatively is it possible to get the HFT to just behave as if it were a Bluetooth ear piece so I can use the voice recognition on my phone ?

It seems an incredibly basic way on interfacing with the phone . . . or am I missing something ?

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Not possible I'm afraid

It was always a bugbear with me that this was the case

Even my wife's Nissan Note can do this!!!!

(I know, I know, a Nissan Note - the shame of it!!!)

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
I agree with you, Honda have missed a trick here for sure

·
Registered
30 Posts
You can dial the number on your phone or use the voice recognition on your phone to dial the number and then tell the HFT to transfer the call to the car. The only problem is if the person on the other end picks up the phone too quickly, they will hear you yelling transfer at your HFT. It would be good if you could see your phone book on the screen and just select who you want to call, I was in a new Jag XKR recently and this handles it really well, maybe Honda need a few tips from Jag.

The one thing I don't understand is why can't you call numbers from the sat nav? A lot of the POI have phone numbers and you can store up to 200 destinations with phone numbers, but if you want to call them you have the read the number out to the HFT and hope it recognises it.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Is actually the most practical way if not phonebook stored. I am using it quite a lot instead of transfer because cops in cyprus are almost everywhere waiting to catch you. In my brother's car I have installed a Pioneere radio with bluetooth hands free system that apart from voice recognition you can store the whole phone book and see missed calls, dialed calls and received calls and some other features not remeber right now.

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
The new Accord has a phonebook download option but it doenst work on most Nokia phones on the other hand almost every Sony-Erikson is compatible, so maybe for the updated '09 Civic this will be added to the HFT.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts