2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently purchased a civic 2006 ex which has the HFT system built in but when i talk to people all they say is that they can barely make out what i am saying and it is not the phone as i can disconnect it and speak normally. I also took a recording to an answer machine from the HFT and it does sound like a robot and you can only make out every other word just.... i have tried moving the mic closer to the grille like other people suggested but this make no difference but can anyone else can shed any light on this maybe a better replacement mic????

ta:D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its not so much the volume as the test i did was when i was on my drive not moving, it is just really unclear what i am saying it also take the voice command system a good 15 seconds to relise what i was said. But ill give all them things a try tonigh and let you know. (does anyone know how to turn up the mic volume???or point me to a thread)

·
Move over..comming thru!!
533 Posts
its not so much the volume as the test i did was when i was on my drive not moving, it is just really unclear what i am saying it also take the voice command system a good 15 seconds to relise what i was said. But ill give all them things a try tonigh and let you know. (does anyone know how to turn up the mic volume???or point me to a thread)
It's a well documented problem and is not so much to do with the mic volume, more to do with the padding (or lack of padding) around the mic itself allowing sound resonance through the car body / roof into the mic. Follow the wiki / how to on modding the mic housing - once you have done this simple 5 minute mod you will have much clearer voice transmission (even at high speed on motorways) and a much quicker response to voice commands (15 secs down to around 1-3 secs).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tried the mod and it has make no difference it still sound like im underwater at the weekend ill go get a new mic and give that a try ill let you know how it goes.

thanks for all your help in adavance :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tried a new mic and still no better so the cars gone into the garage for a "couple" of other problems I’m having and they said they will look at it but what was unnerving was apparently now this is coming from the service guy and Marshall Honda of Narbrough, Leicester that in the 2006 civic the phone system was rubbish. And it weren’t until 2007 they did anything about improving it!!![smilie=mad.gif]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts