2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked my new civic up today and been having a play with the navigation etc but when I try and pair my phone its asking for a 4 digit passcode which I dont have tried 1234 and 1111 but didnt want to try any other in case it wouldnt opperate after so many failed attempts. Is there a workaround to reset the system without going to the dealers thanks

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thought so Ive no clue on the passcode as the previous owner must have set it up. Anyone know how much the main dealers will charge for a reset.

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
No idea buddy!, looking on old post anywhere from £30 - £50.

I'm guessing you tried all the 1234, 1111, 0000, 9999 etc.

Where about's you based?

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
The pass code it's asking for its one that you choose. You have to enter it into your phone and the car so they can connect to each other for security.

Most reliable way of pairing is normally to have your phone search for Honda HFT and get it to connect to the car rather than the other way around.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Basically say '1234' when the HFT asks for the code and then your phone should also ask for a code so you enter '1234'.

I think there may be instructions on the wiki here too but can't grab them right now.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The pass code it's asking for its one that you choose. You have to enter it into your phone and the car so they can connect to each other for security.

Most reliable way of pairing is normally to have your phone search for Honda HFT and get it to connect to the car rather than the other way around.

Its the security passcode I need cant access the HFT to even try and pair my phone without it.

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Its the security passcode I need cant access the HFT to even try and pair my phone without it.
Duh! Okay, sorry, wrong end of the stick there. Yeah I'm pretty sure you'll need to go to Honda to get it reset. Sucks though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts