2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have Just Bought A Second Hand 2.2 Civic Ex , I Tried To Link My Phone To The Bluetooth In The Car But Nothing Happens My Phone Cant Find The Bluetooth In The Car I Tried Following The Link And When I Say Phone Set Up My Car Thinks I Said Fan Speed Up And I Tried To Say It Normally And Every Other Way But No Joy My Phone Is A Nokia 6131 Is There Anything I Have To Do On The Dash Apart From Pressing The Voice Activating Button As I,m Out Of Ideas And The Manuel Is Not Helpful

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
The manual takes you through it - but it sounds like you are pressing the wrong button before talking - it needs to be the phone one.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
but it sounds like you are pressing the wrong button before talking
I concur. It's phone button you need. On the Top

·
Kids use a lot of space
806 Posts
It is a bit fustrating but it only takes a few mins, you need to get the car searching as well as the phone at the same time otherwise it's a non starter. Do the phone button, then just 'setup' worked for me; after that the car explains the process.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
The manual takes you through it - but it sounds like you are pressing the wrong button before talking - it needs to be the phone one.
I concur. It's phone button you need. On the Top
I double concur - having spent 20 minutes with the fan blasting me in the face a few months back :oops:, I'd say that's exactly what the problem is - sounds like you are pressing the voice command button (face with sound coming out of the mouth), not the HFT talk button (handset being picked up) :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts