2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Does anyone know if the new Samsung D900 works with the Bluetooth HFT system?

I realise that it's not listed on the Honda Handsfree website, but then neither is my girlfriends D500 but that works fine.

I had to send back the Sony Ericsson K800i as that wouldn't work. Making do with my old Nokia 6230 for the time being.

Cheers folks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers TT.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
No prob - I was searching for the fix to stop the 'do you want to connect to Honda HFT' prompt myself :D

It's a very funky phone! :p

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have the D900 yourself? Any problems pairing it and using with the HFT?

Is is a good phone otherwise?

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
I do - but have only had it for 2 days! :lol:

pairing was as simple as with my Nokia (very), with the extremley minor (one off) hassle that the D900 needs you to select 'options' for the HFT pairing (on the D900) and tick the 'authorised' box.
If you don't do that, each time it trys to connect to the HFT (ie when you turn the car on), you get a prompt on the phone saying 'connect to Honda HFT?'

Hardly a reason to gripe, but worth remebering if you do get one!

Other than that, my initial impressions are:
VERY thin (I like this, others may not!) from front to back
slightly wider than I thought from side to side, but not overly so
Very light (compared to my Nokias of the past)
Great screen
good sized keys

Not many ringtones as standard, might need to purchase a couple
yet to find an equivalent to Nokia Profiles - handy for putting into silent or beep mode when in the office / meetings.

I like it a lot, and as mentioned, it does suit the Civ interior (if you choose to have it on display)

:)

Pottsy may well give a more in-depth answer as he has had one for longer (about a week now :))

1 - 7 of 7 Posts