2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 2006 EX with the nav unit, and have been struggling to pair my phone. When I press the voice command button and say "phone set up", all I get is "fan speed up".

The steering wheel obviously has the phone buttons, so I assumed it would have bluetooth. Does the EX not come with bluetooth (HFT?) as standard?

I'm going to be adding an Xcarlink so not overly concerned, but it means I will have to access contacts through the phone rather than through the car.

Tried to search for HFT but no results were returned. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
well, as far i know the pre-FaceLift EX comes with HFT as standard, but surprisingly not FL models :( i've bought the FL EX model, so no HFT and i was a bit disappointing, because my previous car had built in BT ( handsfree only ) so was looking for solution, problem is, that HFT on pre-FL model works different way than on the FL model ( FL model has info on MFD display about signal, battery, callers number... while pre-FL doesnt ) and it was really hard to find the FL HFT. I was thinking about Xcarlink, but the absence of knowing who is calling you was a big step down, so bought PArrot MKi9200 and got everything. Even there is a possibility to ditch the parrot's " remote control " and you can use steering wheel buttons if you buy extra device Parrot Unika and because you have got HFT buttons on your steering wheel, it will work even better .

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Andy.

Further digging and it seems there have been a few with similar issues. Also found a post which stated where the bluetooth module is (behind the panel by the drivers knee).

Wiggled the connector to the bluetooth module and I now have the phone set up menu.

My iphone 6 may be a touch new however as the car doesn't find the phone when both are in pairing mode. Anyone managed to pair anything this new to the factory bluetooth? I have another car the same age which connects fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts