2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Wanted to introduce myself first, but I have a question. Not quite used to forums yet so not sure how to put it in the right place.

I've recently bought a crash damaged 2008 EX with factory HIDs which are damaged. The units are slightly cracked (the lenses are perfect) which isn't too much of a problem as tiger seal should sort most of that, but there's a couple of lugs missing of both units.

Can I swap the HID elements of these units into a standard halogen unit or is this a no-no? The HID units appear to be a real pain to get hold of unless you want to pay dealer prices!

Thanks for your patience and anticipated help!

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

With regards to the lights. You will require an HID headlight as a replacement. This is because the HID reflectors are different to compensate for the different beam pattern of the HID bulb. If you used a Halogen Unit you would end up with the wrong beam pattern potentially dazzle oncoming traffic.

Reactions: lemanstom

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the fast response guys, I thought as much. Shame, will try to fix them then!:facepalm:

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
Hello and welcome to the site :top:

As above it's not a good idea, if you get hold of halogen headlight housings you could retro fit HID's though as an option. However on a top spec EX model I think it would be nice to keep it as factory as possible, especially when considering resale value etc.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I agree, want to keep it as original as possible really. Appreciate the guidance.

·
Redline Monster
1,576 Posts
Hello mate & welcome to Civinfo

1 - 11 of 11 Posts