2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just about to pick up my 2nd hand CTR on a 2007 PLATE and was wondering if i should be looking out for anything in particular? I've looked over the check list thats on here but theirs maybe always one thing i should definately check out before driving away.

One i've put a deposit on is a 2007 CTR GT (SAT&HFT) 25,000 miles on the clock and full service history from a Honda Dealership.

Any help and useful tips would be much appreciated

thanks
millsy0331

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
check clutch noise from cold

Reactions: millsy0331

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
looked through wiki but there seems to be loads of irrelevant stuff and would like to know specific type r faults from owners and any civic owners

thanks again
millsy0331 :)

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
I am a Type R owner, I havent been in one yet to date with the stock clutch that does suffer with the grinding noise when moving off from cold. Not there is a fix ... yet

·
Aye Aye....
7,101 Posts
So clutch noise from cold is the release bearing humming, not a big one IMO but is annoying, check that the clutch pedal does not click and isn't overly heavy otherwise the clutch pedal box may need replaced, check for creaking suspension, check the syncro on 3rd gear as it can sometimes "pop out" if the syncro is out, check for your usual rattles etc as it can be prone to a few, check the seal on the centre plate at the back as sometimes it's not sealed properly and the water can seep in and mould will form, not nice, there's probably other stuff I can't remember, bear in mind that these are just minor faults on what is otherwise a fantastic car!

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
ah yes 3rd synchro issue forgot that one

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers for the help, read about that 3rd synchro issue in wiki but have only test driven the car once but seemed to be no problems although i only had a little play with it and didnt use its full potential with the Honda dealer next to me.

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
well its a known issue and they will fix under warranty if it occurs, personally i wouldnt let them open the box seeing the mess they made putting mime back together.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Hi
Bought a 57 ctr with 21000 a few months ago, 3 trips to dealer so far (never even spoken to service dept during ownership of 4 Accords).
Items replaced so far
N/S/r shock
N/S/F suspension strut
Clutch master cylinder (creaking pedal)
New Battery
Dash board rattle

Clutch moans when cold but will leave alone.
3rd gear, never missed it or had it pop out but still have slight worries about it long term.

These are all well documented faults and as yours is an early model, you might get some of them. Have to say supplying dealer has been very good and all fixed under warranty. Yes i am disappointed as previous Hondas virtually faultless, BUT i dont regret it as i just love the car, time will tell if that feeling lasts. Brother in laws ep3 ctr has 175000 on the clock so it does appear they dont make them like they used to.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Disappointed!!!

went to pick u p my CTR today and finally be able to drive the car i wanted for so long,

Got to the garage where it was on display in the car park with my personnal number plate on and thought to myself awesome cant wait to drive this but as i approached the car to my disappointment i seen a nasty dent running down the side of the left back wing and aftercoming around to the front to inspect it further i noticed the front bumper was hanging down from were it sits under the lights, gutted i was!! and pretty sure it wasnt their when i first looked at the car.
The honda dealership have said they'll look at getting this done but didnt seem to enthusatic about it and just said hopefully sorted by next wk.

ive put a deposit down aswell so unsure of my rights as if this doesnt get done then im not willing to pay the remaining amount.

Has anyone come across a similar problem and also where do i stand on getting my refund back?

thanks
millsy0331:confused:

·
V-tec BOOM
1,015 Posts
if u dont mind me asking how much will you be handing over for the car

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
went to pick u p my CTR today and finally be able to drive the car i wanted for so long,

Got to the garage where it was on display in the car park with my personnal number plate on and thought to myself awesome cant wait to drive this but as i approached the car to my disappointment i seen a nasty dent running down the side of the left back wing and aftercoming around to the front to inspect it further i noticed the front bumper was hanging down from were it sits under the lights, gutted i was!! and pretty sure it wasnt their when i first looked at the car.
The honda dealership have said they'll look at getting this done but didnt seem to enthusatic about it and just said hopefully sorted by next wk.

ive put a deposit down aswell so unsure of my rights as if this doesnt get done then im not willing to pay the remaining amount.

Has anyone come across a similar problem and also where do i stand on getting my refund back?

thanks
millsy0331:confused:

wow - sorry to hear dude. Gotta say i havnt had that problem but if you take the stance that the car was not in that condition when you put your deposit down they should give you a full refund i would have thought

.... to be honest tho, cant see why they wouldnt get it sorted for you as they want to make a sale

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Hope the attachment helps ;)
haha it rears its head again, bet Honda love me for posting that all over this forum :D

Theres a new document now talking about the revised parts for clutch/flywheel. Surprisingly my main dealers wouldnt let me have it ...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts