2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ... just joined your forum. Still waiting on my Civic (2.2 iCDTi SE) to arrive at the dealers, so thought I'd see what people think of it.

Seems to be a popular car. Just had my pickup date moved back from 6th to 22nd Oct. Obviously Swindon is having difficulty keeping up with demand.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Welcome.
Diesel is the only one.
Which colour did you opt for?
Where are you?

Hope the wait is not tooooooooooooooooo long- you will have time to read all the posts on this wonderful forum

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Welcome to the site, keep reading this site everyday to fill the time while you patiently wait for that new Civic :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the replies .... seems a friendly place! I ordered my car (via my company's car purchase scheme) 13th July!! Ok so it takes a bit longer to process through an intermediary but over 3 months is a hell of a wait!

Ordered the vivid blue pearl. It's stunning and I don't see too many around. Only thing I didn't realise is the wheel arch/sill trim is dark grey. Also why aren't the fuel caps the same colour as the paintwork?? Otherwise I can't wait.... Had a Sport for a test drive for a couple of days and loved it!

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
Welcome Simon B. Nice colour, but yet to see one on the road.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Hello and a big warm welcome to you Simon B. I am still waiting for my EX should get it mid to late October. :p

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
Simon B welcome. You have made a good choice with the civic. Personally I don't think that there is a bad 8th gen civic regardless of engine/model or colour. :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Only thing I didn't realise is the wheel arch/sill trim is dark grey. Also why aren't the fuel caps the same colour as the paintwork??
Hey Simon!

Congratulations on your new order!

One thing you'll notice is that a lot of people on here are still waiting for their cars to be delivered, myself included! That shows you just how popular the car is! ;)

With regard to the grey plastic trim on the exterior, that's easily rectified. Check out John Pease Honda (there's a link on this website somewhere!), they do an exterior plastic colour coding option. Check it out in this thread

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=642&highlight=colour+coding

I'd imagine you could probably get the fuel cap done somewhere else but IMO I think the aluminium effect is quite smart and sporty! :cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts