2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just browsing at the moment, not sure whether to get a Civic, Golf or Focus or something completely different.

Useful site here, and no great problems with the Civic that I can find which is encouraging.

·
Administrator
19,178 Posts
Welcome.

I think dave525 is probably right - test drive the all the cars and you will probably get the civic. Mainly because of the interior - it's so different to all the others that it makes them look boring and stale. I do wish you happy test driving though!

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
The civic is the only choice and milano red is the colour

·
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
3,295 Posts
At the end of the day the choice is yours of course. I looked at the Golf buts its too boring for me and you dont get too many extras. I did have a focus but i would never dream of getting the facelift one. Ford are ok-pretty reliable. But the civic would win- HANDS DOWN. (IMO of course!)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi all thanks for the links, most useful.

Driven the Civic now and a few observations that have been picked up else where I guess.

It is so cool inside liked it a lot, to be honest most cars look bland afterwards.
Comfy and drove well unfortunately I drove the Diesel which is not what I would buy but will have another go in a petrol.
Dealer was knowledgable and polite aren't they always when selling :D

Few irritations in order of annoyance:
Can not get Leather without the sunroof.
No Aux input to the ice and the ipod option is a rip off as with all cars
The start button: what is the point of that apart from looking good, I still need to use the key
Mirrors do not fold in when you lock the car.
I think reversing will take some getting used to due to restricted view.
Quite a few rattles and creaks during the test drive.
Stereo is a bit weak

Well worth another look, next up is the Golf and Focus maybe so it will be interesting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts