2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought and 2008 I-CDTI SE, it has covered 200,000 miles.

It's a bit grubby, with a couple of parking scars on the bumpers and a bit of the trim is damaged, otherwise it drives well and pulls strong.

I'm here to learn while I return it to its former glory.

cheers
Rich

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's good to hear that the car still runs well at 200k miles, a smart buy ;)
To be honest, I nearly walked away but it was like visiting a dog pound and seeing a three legged one eyed toothless dog in the corner, couldn't leave it behind. Hope it repays my kindness with some loyalty 🤣

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,307 Posts
Look after it well and it should look after you well.. I miss my 2.2 8G... 1.6 9G doesn't feel the same quality.. If you say it pulls well, the clutch must have been replaced at some point as the originals were like chocolate.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Look after it well and it should look after you well.. I miss my 2.2 8G... 1.6 9G doesn't feel the same quality.. If you say it pulls well, the clutch must have been replaced at some point as the originals were like chocolate.
Thanks, kind of fallen in love with the old thing and quite suprised at how spritely it is

·
Super Moderator
2,214 Posts
I think your being a touch unfair on the 1.6
mine is actually a lot smoother car to drive in than the 2.2 8g
but I agree they went too far backwards with the 1.6 engine
ive fitted bluespark to the 9g and it has improved it but that old 2.2 with 185000 miles still on original clutch aswell was 1 hell of a engine
didn't use a drop of oil either

1 - 8 of 8 Posts