2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Im Matt, originally from Portsmouth but now living in West Cumbria. Having been a fan of the old Type-R for many years during my 20's but due to lack of finances owning one was only ever a dream! Loved the 8th gen as soon as I saw it and now I've paid off my debt thought i'd treat myself, however now being married and having an 11 month old baby I've had to be more realistic with my choice of Civic.

2 days ago I picked up a 2008 58 plate, Milano red, 2.2 diesel, 5dr, SE from my local Stan Palmer Honda dealer and couldn't be happier. It's my first decent car and having traded in a 2000 Focus Zetec 1.8 the difference is unreal. Really love the looks, the dash and being a family man I love how much space there is inside and especially the boot and the missus loves the chilled glove box!

After reading through many threads I've decided that a few subtle mods are on the cards just to add that personal touch. Due to lack of funds, skills and tools I will be limited in what I can do - gear knob and gaiter, brake light cover and subtle decals are the first few things on my list but eventually I want rid of the standard 16" 5 spoke alloys and possibly look into getting it lowered.

I'm sure I'll pick up many hints and tips on this forum as there seems to be a wealth of knowledge here and any help I receive will be much appreciated.

Having refused to buy the car with the standard grey body trim the dealer has had the car in the bodyshop to do some colour coding which they have gone to town on! Ill post some pics up as soon as I can work out how it's done!

Regards, Matt

·
Tarmacadam Terror
5,666 Posts
Hi fella :) welcome to civinfo! There's load of stuff you can do for not lots of money to make your new addition a little more personal ;) stuff like Heko Wind Deflectors: Team Heko Wind Deflectors for Cars only 30 odd quid, some of the 2.2s on here are to die for :)

To post photos, you need something like a http://www.photobucket.com account to keep your pictures on, you upload the photos to photobucket, copy the direct link from each picture on photobucket, then click on the little symbol on the toolbar between message and the post your writing on civinfo (2 left of the smiley faces button it looks like a little picture of a mountain) and paste the link in, instead of showing the link when you make your post the pictures will appear. Hope this helps

Enjoy your new car !

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Welcome along Matt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
ex CW FN2 owner
595 Posts
Hi and welcome, the boots just as big on the type r ;) hope you enjoy your new motor.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts