2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just ordered a new Civic EX - due for delivery at the end of the month. Can't wait!

Still considering whether to have GardX or not - seen a few anti comments and one or two pro - any views?

·
geekess
3,638 Posts
I had my car treated with Supagard and tbh i don't think it is worth the cost. It certainly does nothing to protect the paintwork from bird c**p. The only benefit i've noticed so far is that i haven't had to wax it yet - water still beads and runs off nicely and its 5 months old. Still looks shiny too :cool:

However i think the treatment i had on the interior is well worth it. Had it on my last car too and it makes it very easy to keep clean. Its like having your upholstery Scotchgarded

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Welcome to the forum RobP,the end of the month leaves you plenty of time to catch up on here ;) it will soon pass. With regard to Gardx, I wouldn't bother but thats only my opinion, a good wax will leave you with money in your pocket :)

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
"The Great Paint Protection Rip Off"
Save your money..Get some decent wax.
As DR says Collinite is awesome
If you decide to ignore our advice..
Take note:
Salesmen are on commission..They over charge by hundreds of pounds
The same products can be bought on eBay for between £10 and £30

·
Administrator
19,178 Posts
Welcome to Civinfo.

Listen to the Guys they know what they are talking about :)

·
TYPE R GT (R-15016)
2,224 Posts
I had the BMW diamond brite Sh*te a few yrs ago ..............what a rip off

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
Welcome, I unfortunately didn't get a choice with regards to the Diamond Brite in my case....dealer stuck it on for nothing and I didn't realise until two days later and I had spent a bomb on loads of products.

I still wax mines even though I do the whole Diamond Brite treatment thing. A good wax just makes it look tip top. Hope you enjoy the car :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts