2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, my name is Glenn and this is my first post on this forum (be gentle!) :)

A good friend of mine (who refered me to this site) has recently purchased a Milano Red FN2 Type-R. Stunning car - in fact I like it so much that I'm looking to buy one for myself!!!

I have around £7k to spend, so please let me know if you can help.

Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome.

I am fully aware of Autotrader, eBay, Pistonheads, etc, etc. However, in my experience, the cars found on forums for enthusiasts are often of a far greater quality, due to the fact that they have been pampered by their enthusiastic owners - cleaned every weekend and wanted for nothing maintenance wise!

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
Very true but you may struggle with £7k then my friend.

Good luck though ;)

·
The Party Organizer!
734 Posts
Thanks for the welcome.

I am fully aware of Autotrader, eBay, Pistonheads, etc, etc. However, in my experience, the cars found on forums for enthusiasts are often of a far greater quality, due to the fact that they have been pampered by their enthusiastic owners - cleaned every weekend and wanted for nothing maintenance wise!
Welcome to the forum Garganey, and I hope to see you riding your Type R real soon!
Please congratulate your friend for me: Milano Red IS the nicest colour for a Type R, it adds at least 5 BHP and helps with your street cred!
In my opinion, 7k is a bit low to get "one of our Type Rs"; give your budget a bit of a boost and I'm quite sure you'll find a nice one!

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
There was a 07 plate type r on that autotrader site it had 14000 miles on the clock for just a little bit over your budget for £7500.

·
Banned
1,929 Posts
^I wouldn't buy his anyway. It'll smell like him

And welcome!

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Welcome mate, NHB is the best colour honest, just be prepared for constant cleaning and polishing as it becomes an addiction. You end up in the situation where if your not on the tec your cleaning it!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I did see that one, but the yellow vents and calipers are not to my taste and I wouldn't want it lowered so would need extra cash to revert it to standard. I would be willing to match his part-ex valuation though ;)

The red variant (belonging to tombomb) that somebody else linked to is beautiful - again I had already seen it, but, unfortunately, is a bit pricey for me at the moment.

I did say I have 'around' £7k to spend, so may be able to push my budget for the right car (you have two kidneys, right? :))

Thanks for all the welcomes guys - hopefully I'll have some pictures to add to the gallery in the not too distant future...

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
and I wouldn't want it lowered so would need extra cash to revert it to standard.
To be honest mate you'll be hard pushed to buy a Type R from an owner on here that hasn't been lowered because that's the first thing you are going to want to do. The reason for this being that the OEM springs are rubbish, too hard and don't hold the road properly. Once the springs are changed and an FRS done it's how the car should have come out of the factory ;)

Good luck with the car hunt :popcorn:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.