2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post so hello everybody !

After being spoiled by owning Saab 9000 2.3 Full Pressure Turbo CSE (my best car ever), then frustrated with using Mazda RX8 231ps (only 7 months), I finally decided to buy reasonable car ..... :)

I've purchased a '06 Civic 2.2 i-ctdi EX with HID/DVD-SatNav in Galaxy Gray !!!

Hope it was a good choice - collection on Friday!

I'm so excited after reading this forum - so many buttons inside, so many things to discover :) I can wait till Friday ^^

Cheers

Marcin/Martin

·
Administrator
19,178 Posts
Witaj ( welcome) Marcin to the Forum :D

I am sure you will love the Civic - congratulations :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
what was up with the rx8 ? was thinking of one for the mrs
Mainly fuel consumption - 14-17 mpg, problems with some sensors (cooling fluid level sensor, headlight level )

My advice - RX8 is not for a woman(no offence) - you need to top up an oil regularly, driving up to 4k rev when engine is cold, revving up to 3.5k for 10 sec before switching off when the engine is cold to avoid flooding (starting problems) or catalytic converter failure(1400 pounds) . Suspension is very sporty(stiff) ....and few more ... If you're not very careful with this car it will cost you a fortune...

btw
thanks for warm welcome everybody :)

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Welcome :D

·
ON A STEEL WOK I FRY
2,460 Posts
ooofft, the rx8 sounds a bit temperamental. Welcome along!

·
geekess
3,638 Posts
My advice - RX8 is not for a woman(no offence) - you need to top up an oil regularly, driving up to 4k rev when engine is cold, revving up to 3.5k for 10 sec before switching off when the engine is cold to avoid flooding (starting problems) or catalytic converter failure(1400 pounds) . Suspension is very sporty(stiff) ....and few more ... If you're not very careful with this car it will cost you a fortune...
So a woman is incapable of doing any of these things???? (no offence) :p

I have a friend (female) who has owned one for 3 years and so far she has managed not to damage it :rolleyes:

Welcome Marcin btw. Hope you enjoy your car.

·
ciVinfo resident
470 Posts
yeah I was going to get a RX8 until I saw all those issues mentioned in forums. otherwise its wicked.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts