2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
So, I've been on the forum for a bit now, having signed up when I got the car a year or so ago, however, I've never got around to introducing myself.

Got a 2.2 icdti SE by accident more than anything. Had a Z4, as a Sunday car which I then traded in for a 3 series convertible as I didn't use it much due to having 2 kids. Then some numpty pulled out on me on a round about and wrote off my little 306 diesel pug that I used for my 250 miles a week for work. insurance company went 50:50 as no proof it was her fault (grrr) and the car was old, and so I was handed £500 (car was good for another 50k so I was gutted). Anyway - no funds to replace it meant P/Xing the 3 series to get something 'sensible' and went to look at a focus..... came home with the civic :)

Still enjoy driving the car (I have read on here that some do not like the ride), but want it to look a little sportier (I love the type R's but not practical for me), so looking at a few mods soon.... :cool:

·
Redline Monster
1,575 Posts
:hello2: mate & :welcome4: to :civinfo::rock:

·
Premium Member
869 Posts
Welcome along ;-)

·
#darkside
2,238 Posts
Hi everyone,
So, I've been on the forum for a bit now, having signed up when I got the car a year or so ago, however, I've never got around to introducing myself.

Got a 2.2 icdti SE by accident more than anything. Had a Z4, as a Sunday car which I then traded in for a 3 series convertible as I didn't use it much due to having 2 kids. Then some numpty pulled out on me on a round about and wrote off my little 306 diesel pug that I used for my 250 miles a week for work. insurance company went 50:50 as no proof it was her fault (grrr) and the car was old, and so I was handed £500 (car was good for another 50k so I was gutted). Anyway - no funds to replace it meant P/Xing the 3 series to get something 'sensible' and went to look at a focus..... came home with the civic :)

Still enjoy driving the car (I have read on here that some do not like the ride), but want it to look a little sportier (I love the type R's but not practical for me), so looking at a few mods soon.... :cool:

Someone pulled out on you on a round about and it went 50/50?

Give way to the right.. that's the LAW! Incompetent morons.

Anyway, welcome only long time lurcher!

·
Premium Member
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Someone pulled out on you on a round about and it went 50/50?

Give way to the right.. that's the LAW! Incompetent morons.

Anyway, welcome only long time lurcher!
I know - thats what I argued too. They had me write up the whole thing and I even sent them photographs of the view I had as I approached the roundabout and how it could not have been my fault as I was already on the roundabout itself. made no difference to them. It appeared to be the other insurance company that was the problem, not returning calls etc. in the end Admiral just gave up and went 50:50 (no consultation with me!) and just worte to me with a cheque for £500. I immediately changed insurers - won't be touching them with a barge pole again.

Thanks for the welcome guys. Andrew - whats a 'lurcher' mate?

·
#darkside
2,238 Posts
I know - thats what I argued too. They had me write up the whole thing and I even sent them photographs of the view I had as I approached the roundabout and how it could not have been my fault as I was already on the roundabout itself. made no difference to them. It appeared to be the other insurance company that was the problem, not returning calls etc. in the end Admiral just gave up and went 50:50 (no consultation with me!) and just worte to me with a cheque for £500. I immediately changed insurers - won't be touching them with a barge pole again.

Thanks for the welcome guys. Andrew - whats a 'lurcher' mate?
A gross miss spelling of Lurker :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts