2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
SHOCKD
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After driving a 2004 Vauxhall Corsa 1.2 for the past 2 years I thought I'd upgrade...

And what a hell of an upgrade it is

Just bought myself a 58 plate Civic 2.2 i-ctdi es at the weekend and finally got it home.

I'm pleased to say the body work is flawless and everything seems to be running brilliantly.

As I'm only 20, I haven't drove anything with this kind of power before so I am over the moon!

My one question is - It seems my passenger side mirror doesn't fold all the way in when I press the little button on the door. It seems to get stuck half way.

If anyone could help me with this I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Jack

·
GC
4,438 Posts
Welcome Jack. Sounds like the Shut off device (SOD) has gone, it is quite a common issue . It's quite simple to fix, remove the cover and replace the SOD. It costs around £30 from Honda.

Easy way to test this out, take the part out the working side and try it out on the mirror that doesnt fold, this will let you know for sure.
If you bought trade then garage should cover this.

·
JAPFEST Event Organiser
817 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate :)

·
SHOCKD
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you! I'm going to Honda later on today actually as I want a new Grill and some mats as sadly my car didn't come with any. So I'll ask them when I go down.

I know they will probably charge me a fortune so I think I might be safer relying on eBay depending on the amount they charge at Honda.

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Welcome to the forum Jack, what not get yourself a Civinfo sticker for starters ;)

As for grill & mats try Cox in the Traders section, very good on price.

Reactions: JackW

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum buddy.

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Howdy and welcome

·