2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just turned 60 my first car was a frog eye sprite and have been through many great sportscars since including a prize winning 3litre Volvo powered Marcos, an MG TF Panther Lima , Toyota CelicaTS.
I feel in great company with blokes [and maybe girls] who have a passion for their cars. And I hope to learn much over the coming months.
I am a retired commercial artist so have an eye for design and am so proud to be the new owner of an 07 Type S GT. Alabaster. A true design Icon.
Thanks to Civicinfo for help with reseach in which car to buy. Even the dealers don't seem to know which cars have the sunroof and which the Sat Nav etc.
I have had the car a week now and having driven the 2.2 diesel was a tiny bit disapointed that the petrol 1.8 seems to lack some urgency in comparison. But it is just quick enough and must be the most refined car I have ever had.
Thanks to the forum and Wiki for answers to questions about the rev lights which don't seem to work...Nice one Honda to keep us all guessing.

Should I get 'Type S' Stickers for the rear panels. How about that natty spoiler that fits over the existing boot wing? Dare say I will find news of them here.

·
Dr. Evil
3,831 Posts
Welcome to the site, I'm sure you'll find many new bits and pieces you'll want for your car by looking around here :)

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Welcome ! ...

Read through the Forum, and you won't lack for modification ideas ...

As for the 1.8 engine - yes, it lacks real urge at low revs - but, just 'give it the beans' and enjoy that "Honda howl" ...

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Hi and Welcome,

I have owned pretty much the exact same car for the last 2 years, un-modded until the last month. Just recently i was starting to get a little bored with the car and was hankering for a Type R Mugen 200 or a Championship White Edition.

I was reading loads of reviews and saw reference to the I-VTEC cam profiles. I’m embarrassed to say it then dawned on me that i already had this available in my current engine (not that i'm saying it's the same after driving a Type R).... after 2 years of driving i too thought the Rev lights were broken.:oops:

Since discovering this, my little 1.8 feels like a completely different car. You just don't need to be afraid of sticking it in a lower gear to get the power.

I have now decided to hold on to Type S for a year or so until i can convince the wife we REALLY DO NEED A M200!!

In the meantime i have applied a few mods; decals courtesy of gers here on the forum, Sports grill, type r alloys etc.

Really enjoying the car ATM! :p

·
everythings upsy daisy.
1,442 Posts
welcome matey... frog eyed sprite that brings back memories!!!

I had a dolomite sprint .. back in the Days LOL

·
JPP
1,555 Posts
:hello2: and :welcome4:......[smilie=gt-happyup.:

·
Administrator
19,185 Posts
Hi there and welcome to the Forum :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts