2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone :)

Got myself an 08 EX FK2 yesterday... so far pretty pleased with the car but wish the snow would lay off a bit so I could get out of my estate!

Have been lurking here for a bit in the final research for the purchase decision so I've already lined up a few bits and pieces to sort out like a flip key and a new gaiter and knob for example!

Not sure if questions are allowed in here but I have two that long(er) time Civic owners could maybe answer:

[1] Does the tailgate/boot lid ever go up on its own steam? On mine it doesn't drop, and occasionally creeps up a wee bit, but essentially from about horizontal I have to push the rather heavy tailgate all the way up. I've gather from forum research that the stock Honda struts aren't the best, but just wondering if the boot has ever been known to go up on its own?

[2] Exactly how hard is the suspension? I know the Civic has a bad rep but I wasn't expecting it to be quite as hard as I've experienced so far. I'm coming off a car with 16" 205/55s and double wishbone rear but I wasn't expecting the Civic on 17" 225/45s to be *that* hard. Street humps around my estate that I used to take at 15-20mph max now feel worse at about 10mph, and driving the car home yesterday on compacted ice/snow felt really bumpy like I was doing major off roading... might it be possible the car's had lowered springs or something's gone, or is the stock suspension really that ropey!

Thanks folks this site has been a tremendous resource!

·
Premium Member
4,511 Posts
:welcome4:...to you and your EX....nice choice.:cool: Might be worth having your shocks looked at just verify good health.;)

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

The boot tends to be like that, more so in the cold weather.
Well the ride is harsh but you do get use to it I suppose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts