2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Found this site thanks to a neighbour who spotted me in the street and passed it on to me. Had my 1.8 EX VVTi Petrol Civic since the beginning of February and had quite a few niggles with the car, although on the whole I'm pleased with it.

Nice to see a forum like this has started up as I've been gasping for info and to hear what experiences other owners have had for ages!!

Look forward to posting and reading posts. I also own an old classic Triumph Spitifire - a little bit more raw and basic than the Civic!!

Cheers,
KJ (aka Ian)

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
Welcome KJ hope you fid a lot of useful info on the site. I used to own a Triumph herald 1250, the herald and the spitfire are great cars to work on.

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
KillingJoker said:
Hi All,

Found this site thanks to a neighbour who spotted me in the street and passed it on to me. Had my 1.8 EX VVTi Petrol Civic since the beginning of February and had quite a few niggles with the car, although on the whole I'm pleased with it.

Nice to see a forum like this has started up as I've been gasping for info and to hear what experiences other owners have had for ages!!

Look forward to posting and reading posts. I also own an old classic Triumph Spitifire - a little bit more raw and basic than the Civic!!

Cheers,
KJ (aka Ian)
Ace. Love spitfires. Saw one at Duxford a few weeks ago.

Get Pottsy to have a go in it.. he lives near you ;)

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
well to the best ever web site - me and her in doors are really hooked

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi again,

Thanks for all the greets. Nice to see a few fellow Triumph fans on the forum. The forum is fab BTW, it's comforting to hear that it's not just me that has had some of the niggles I've had / am having - hope to gleam some useful hints and tips.

Bye 4 Now,
KJ

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Newboy,

Most of my niggles have been sorted, most of which have been experienced by other members on the site i.e. rear shock absorber rattle, cigarette lighter socket which comes out of it's mounting, easily scratched dash etc.

I have reported one fault on here which hasn't been mentioned by anyone else in the 'Faults' section of the forum. That was a rattle from the windscreen area which is on the Honda knowledgebase as a known issue. Guidance tags which are used by the robots fitting the windscreen sometimes get left in the car when they are supposed to be removed further down the production line. These cause the rattle under certain conditions. The dealer sorted these in a morning and the problem seems to have been fixed. I have an on-going tracking issue which hasn't been sorted and appears to be something I have to live with!! :-( I've also had a number plate illumination bulb blow already - only had the car since February and I've done less than 4,000 miles!

KJ

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
Hello KillingJoker. When I picked our Civic up in February, it had a slight rattle from the windscreen area, but it disappeared.

I'll be straight to the dealer if it reappears. Thanks.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Mark IV Spitfire?

Learnt to drive on a Triumph Herald (1200 I think)- fantastic turning circle.

Anyway. Welcome to the Civic Site.
What is the 0-60 time for you Spit?
Drive with care.

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
I remember the Herald & Spitfire. The whole of the front hinged forward-- bonnet and wings-- offering unrivalled access to the engine and suspension . I knew a bloke who had the GT6 . I think it had the Triumph 2000 engine in it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts