2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Thought I had better introduce myself to the forum. I am middle aged and live in the north Manchester area. I am a week or so away from picking up my 'nearly new' Civic type S in blueish silver colour. it is a 1.8 Vtec version and looks immaculate. it has only 18000 miles on the clock with a full Honda history, so should serve me well - I hope!!!

I have a private plate which is the reason for the hold up in picking the car up, gutted really as I could have had it by now. There is a 3 week back log.:(

I sincerely hope I have made a good choice in the car as I have down sized from a diesel Jaguar X Type, it was too big for my needs and the wife kept saying it was an old man's car!! LOL. I opted for the petrol this time as I only average 7000 miles per annum, with most of those being non motorway miles.

I believe the Vtec engine is there to used and can be pushed hard to offer a good performance? I test drove it and it seemed to grip the road really well.

If there are any tips you can give me for when I pick the car up then they will be most welcome. Are there any renoun faults I should be looking for on the car?

Thank you

W9LDY

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Hello mate, and welcome!

Have a read of this wiki article: New car checklist - Civinfo Wiki
That should give you an overview on things to look out for.

I'd also just mention at this point that the iVTEC in the 1.8 is focused on economy rather than performance. There's another wiki article: VTEC - Civinfo Wiki that explains in more detail.

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate, as you can see I'm also from Nth M/c. Might see you around.

If you want any advise please check out the meetings thread Lancs/Yorks for the next get together, be nice to see you there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you

Thanks to all of you for the welcome comments and for the friendly advice. I have printed off the checklist which I wll duly do on picking up the car!! Lets hope all is well on pick up day!!

Cheers [smilie=upyeah.gif]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts