2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I’ve just joined so apologies if this question should have been posted else where but does anyone know if the plastic lenses covers on the rear centre panel which has the Honda H can be removed ? I have condensation in mine and can’t seem to find a way of getting rid of it.
Thanks

·
i-Vtec
2,245 Posts
Sure they are sealed units. There is a rubber seal holding them together. I retrofitted the second rear fog light and found this out when vacuuming the plastic bits out of the light housing, it dragged in moisture through the seal. Remove the unit, remove the bulbs and get the wife's hairdryer out and see if that helps. This weekends looking good weather wise for that.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I’ve actually tried the hairdryer trick but no success. The issue is that the centre panel contains no bulbs and it’s that panel where the moisture is. Really annoying.

·
i-Vtec
2,245 Posts
Thats a serious seal fail. The center section contains the reversing lights and on yours a foglight so as long as you get an airflow going you should be able to get the moisture moving. TBH this might just be the easier option.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, I think I’ll have a go at removing the panel and see if I can get something in the bulb holes to absorb the moisture.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So I’ve had a dig around and the moisture is in a thin cavity between the outer plastic and the bulb casing. I got in there with a cotton bud but it’s unreachable. Looks like a replacement is the only option. Thanks for your help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts