2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm Rowland. I live in Somerset in the South West of England. This week I acquired a 2002 (02) CR-V i-VTEC Sport Auto. I previously had a Citroen DS3 via Motability, I've mainly had Citroens during my driving career.

I don't work because of disability, a rare neuromuscular disease. I've been three months without a car going stir crazy. After sitting in a neighbour's Mitsubishi Shogun, and many of my body pains reducing/disappearing I thought this is the way to go. Research led me to CR-Vs, mainly for the reliability, living on a fixed small budget, no doubt to be eroded by this government next year, then running costs are high on the agenda.

I've never been a fan of automatics, but after test driving this one, I was well impressed. I can't believe I've never even thought of Honda before. This vehicle is absolutely brilliant for someone with my mobility issues. The driving position and comfort. It has given me a new positive outlook on life.

his one is okay, with around 96,000 miles on the clock - it needs a bit of tidying up, and I think if I keep it, I ought to add a decent audio system (a previous owner has fitted something none standard which is rubbish), plus reverse parking camera, maybe rear and front parking sensors. GPS maybe but I have a standalone TomTom which works fine. We'll see. I'll be asking questions of UK and elsewhere CR-V owners as to what my options are. Ultimately someone else will have to do the work because my poor mobility won't allow me to.

Thanks for reading.

Hopefully this will show you some pictures of the car: http://www.civinfo.com/forum/members/rowlydee-albums-uk+2002+%2802%29+cr-v+-vtec+se+sport+auto.html

·
Redline Monster
1,575 Posts
:hello2: mate & :welcome4: to :civinfo::thrasher:

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
1,932 Posts
welcome to the forum :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts