2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just joined and please alow me to say WOW - what a great forum!

Been lurking around for the past few days as I'm on a hunt for 1.8 civic.
Got my eyes on 06 one with only 21k miles on the clock. Anything I should be looking at? Knowing Honda standards it will be bearly worn in ;)

Anyway, pleasure to meet you all!

Kind regards,
Michal

·
1.8EX Milano Red 2007
910 Posts
If you want to avoid the rusty roof totally go for a panoramic roof. I did.
check the wing mirrors fully fold in first time. ( fix is only about £30 per side and is a diy job so is a easy one if they don't). A few people have said the resistor wears out.

Sent by me, using tapatalk 2

Reactions: mkaras1980

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Hi All,

Just joined and please alow me to say WOW - what a great forum!

Been lurking around for the past few days as I'm on a hunt for 1.8 civic.
Got my eyes on 06 one with only 21k miles on the clock. Anything I should be looking at? Knowing Honda standards it will be bearly worn in ;)

Anyway, pleasure to meet you all!

Kind regards,
Michal
How much is it going for

·
Type R GT Milano GP Kit
2,262 Posts
Check through your gears make sure they feel ok, do full lock steering left and right check for bearings, Drive the car up to 60-70 check for any juddering and find a safe place to do a brake test. All the obvious test you'd do on most cars really.

Hello and welcome by the way ;-)

·
Type R GT Milano GP Kit
2,262 Posts
You didn't specify witch model exactly but heres a same age model and a 1.8 Honda Civic 1.8 I-VTEC EX 5DR SAT NAV + HFT 2006

Better still look for private ones on here owned by previous members usually a good deal and looked after with even a few mods maybe already on. ;-)

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
They are asking for £5750 but sale starts on 27th so should be better. What is the realistic price as this one seems fairly high. Hope they will drop it slightly as I'm PX my old Signum.

Cheers!
Snap mate I am 3 weeks in to owning an 1.8 se and I also traded in a 06 v6 cdti signum design I only got £2600 for it :( but fuel costs were a killer and have to say the civic is a far far better car to drive and a lot better on fuel as well. You won't regret it go for it I say ;)

·
ex CW FN2 owner
595 Posts
Hi and welcome good luck on looking for a new motor make sure you check out the wiki here for faults. As Jeza said whats the value might differ pending on its spec but I guess a 06 1.8 se with sat nav alloys etc would be around 4.5k from a dealer spec pending but with it having a lower milage you might add on a few hudred £'s

Reactions: mkaras1980

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You didn't specify witch model exactly but heres a same age model and a 1.8 Honda Civic 1.8 I-VTEC EX 5DR SAT NAV + HFT 2006

Better still look for private ones on here owned by previous members usually a good deal and looked after with even a few mods maybe already on. ;-)
The one I got my eye on is a basic SE model so price seems really high.
I think I will keep looking... Ideally I would like to get one through a garage as I can count on warranty.

At least I know one thing - it has to be a Civic!:D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Snap mate I am 3 weeks in to owning an 1.8 se and I also traded in a 06 v6 cdti signum design I only got £2600 for it :( but fuel costs were a killer and have to say the civic is a far far better car to drive and a lot better on fuel as well. You won't regret it go for it I say ;)
I will get a lot less as mine is 04 reg with almost 120k on the clock. Its a 2.2dti and I love it but my wife doesn't like driving a "living room on wheels" ;)
We both love Civic so there is only one choice :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi and welcome good luck on looking for a new motor make sure you check out the wiki here for faults. As Jeza said whats the value might differ pending on its spec but I guess a 06 1.8 se with sat nav alloys etc would be around 4.5k from a dealer spec pending but with it having a lower milage you might add on a few hudred £'s
Cheers Adam!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts