2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I've had an '06 Accord CTDi EX for about 4 years now, but have mainly been active on Type Accord (funnily enough! :D). In that time I've been constantly tinkering - first getting it running and driving right (IMRC valve, Rear Camber Kit, ATR brakes plus a few more cosmetic and non-performance mods), then a remap (courtesy of Fahad), then Alloys, then another (faster and EGR-less) remap, then a semi strip-down to clean out all the gunk in the intake system from the (now confirmed as dodgy) EGR.

I've just finished a lot of body work to get it looking sound again after a tree branch fell on it (among other idiot-inflicted parking dings) and it's now in pretty good nick for a 150k mile tractor, and has had a new lease of life from the de-gunking - genuinely surprising how well it now goes! :).

However I've increasingly been itching to go beyond what any usual remap can give you, not that a Stage 2 isn't a lot of fun, but having previously mucked around with a TT Supra there was always a desire for just a little bit more power...

Hence I've been on here for quite a while as a lurker - mainly looking at the various dieselly projects people here are involved in - taking the CDTi to levels you don't really see people trying for with the Accord.

I felt I should now say 'Hi' properly, as I'm now about to pull the trigger on a full hybrid setup and aiming for around 230+ hp (without any internal re-build and with standard injectors, though - it is a daily driver after all :D).

I've got a CG twin-plate ready to go on, a spare turbo on the way for re-build and now need to source a FMIC (not something you can usually find for an Accord Derv!).

I'm planning to have it all done by May/Jun, as I'm away in April, but as I'll be doing most of the work myself (bar FMIC fabrication), it may not happen. I'm looking forward to getting stuck in though and will probably be asking a few questions from you all on the way. :)

So, anyway... Hi!!

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,896 Posts
Good luck with the mods. I'm sure that I won't be the only one interested in the final build details and dyno results!

·
Administrator
18,084 Posts
Welcome to :civinfo:

Sounds like you've been very busy getting your steed 100%, well done.

I've recently completed an inlet de-coke (103k) and totally agree, that's it's transformed the engine :)

Fahad is a nice chap, he helped me out of a jam recently.

Do you have the twin pot ATR calipers? I wouldn't mind a set of these myself.

Will look forward to seeing your build thread/similar.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cheers all - looking forward to dyno results too - will get one with my S2 EGR-off map first, just so I can compare...

Do you have the twin pot ATR calipers? I wouldn't mind a set of these myself.
Yes - pretty much the firs tmod on any car is better brakes and sorting the suspension out. I also have a spare set of calipers sitting by, just in case (my garage has a LOT of stuff like that :D)

I don't know what you'd need to fit them on the Civic, but I needed to get the carriers too, which was the real pain - other than that it was easy - same size discs and bolts straight on.

·
Redline Monster
1,576 Posts
Hello mate & welcome to Civinfo

Reactions: Mike_Mac
1 - 12 of 12 Posts