2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Honda fan from Belgium with a pretty list of previous Honda's, although the last 10 years I drove BMW ...

Now currently back to full Honda

2006 S2000 (3rd S that I got, one new in 1999, another one bought second hand in 2012, the current one bought in the beginning of 2018)
2018 Honda Civic 1.5 Sport+ (had other civics before, 1.6i-16, 1.6iVti)

Also had 2 accords

Hope to learn some new stuff and add value to the discussion (although I'm really not a technician :smile3: )

Jan

·
Registered
130 Posts
Welcome. I'm certain you can bring a lot of value to the forum.

For instance, with such an extensive experience of ownership, what's your view on Honda vs BMW?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome. I'm certain you can bring a lot of value to the forum.

For instance, with such an extensive experience of ownership, what's your view on Honda vs BMW?
I started buying BMW about 12 years ago because I didn't find anything to my wishes with Honda at that time.

I bought only 6-cilinder petrol cars (1 6-cilinder diesel): 335i, 330d, Z4 35iS, 440i

BMW's drive very good, are comfortable with as biggest downside 2 to 2,5 times more expensive than Honda
Never had any problem with BMW's

I still kept an eye on Honda and bought an S2000 (2nd time and 3rd time :) )

Back to civic now .... big step back from my latest 3 liter 440i with 326hp , now down to 1,5 liter with 182hp, but given that I do not drive that much (less than 10.000km/year) I don't mind, and financially it is a much better option (not that I couldn't afford anymore BMW's, but that's another story)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hello and welcome. Like you I came to Honda after a string of BMW's. Traded my 5 series tourer for a 9G 1.6dtec. I didn't have to but I wanted to save some money to accelerate retirement. Not disappointed at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts