2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, ive just joined this forum after lurking about on here for a while. Im 18, so ive only got the 1.4 (for insurance purposes), but i would like to change this to a more powerful one in the future (hopefully the Type R [smilie=cheeky-grin:).

Ive had the car from new since June '06, and have had a few of the usual problems experienced by the early-build cars like the fuel filler cap not opening, but i also had my alternator replaced about a year ago, and also the boot locking mechanism was changed back in November after it suddenly stopped working.

Apart from those few problems, which btw were sorted out quite promptly by my local dealer, Horizon Christchurch, i have been very happy with my civic.

Here's a lil pic

[IMG]http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii33/alexsetters/Civic1.jpg[/IMG]

More pics in the gallery section

Alex

·
Bournemouth Belle
900 Posts
Welcome Alex!

There's quite a few of us from Bournemouth, as you probably know if you've 'been lurking'.

And lucky you having a civvie at 18 - we were driving a Vauxhall Viva (ancient predecessor of the Astra) at that age!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Lippy,

yep ive seen that there are some local members on here, and ive also noticed lots of civics round Bournemouth too, though not all as young as me.

The civic is a great first car aswell - looks goods, easy to drive and it can fit all your mates in (7 so far) lol, although im disappointed with my mpg as its only 37.3 atm! despite my best efforts at driving economically, not good when petrol prices are high

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
7!!!! In the Civic!! Watch it - don't think the local bill would be happy with that...!
I have had 6 in my old Saxo! lol

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Hi Alex nice to see another member locally. Don't forget to buy your sticker and support this great site.Your car looks great!:)

·
Bournemouth Belle
900 Posts
it can fit all your mates in (7 so far) [smilie=nope.gif]

!!!!! I've kept legal and had 5 in mine. My 24 year old daughter was with me when I bought mine in Nov 2006 and would like a civvie too, but has got to stick to her Corsa. :roll:

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Welcome to the site - like the wheels too!

If any of you Bournemouth guys and gals head to Whiteley, Fareham (between Southampton & Portsmouth) then keep any eye for me, I have a sticker!!

·
Bournemouth Belle
900 Posts
Welcome to the site - like the wheels too!

If any of you Bournemouth guys and gals head to Whiteley, Fareham (between Southampton & Portsmouth) then keep any eye for me, I have a sticker!!
I'm down that way quite often, one of my sisters lives at Lee On Solent, but not often into Whiteley itself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts