2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a line to say hi to all users! Registered a few days ago and been browsing articles when I get a chance, some fantastic information available here!

Don't own a Civic yet but keen to get one upon return to our glorious home nation. Useful to read reviews on Holdcroft Honda as they're probably the nearest dealer to me and who I'll be going to. :VTECSMILEY:

Well you'll probably all be waking up shortly (some with bad heads from last night :beer:) however I'm off to lunch!

Drive safely this winter and enjoy Xmas! :hello:

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
welcome to the madness

·
Administrator
19,183 Posts
Welcome aboard JH :D

Good to have you around and of course any help we can give you in buying a Civic let us know :)

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Many thanks all!

Welcome to the world's best forum!
Not going to argue with you there! :cool:

welcome to the madness
Sure I'll fit right in then. :p

Good to have you around and of course any help we can give you in buying a Civic let us know
Many thanks again - really useful reading how to solve common problems and extra useful is the list of points to look out for when getting the car from the dealer.

Hoping I'll be armed with lots of information by the time I get back and go to get my motor, have my heart set on a Civic after a test drive when I was last home.

:VTECSMILEY:

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have a good read through this section too........

User Reviews - Civinfo
Thanks Wheelchair I've spent a bit of time in there and the main thing I came away with was that some people have been unlucky in some circumstances but in most cases (with some perseverance) had problems resolved by the dealer. Other people seem to have complained of a firm ride without having first done a testdrive... [smilie=smack.gif]

I loved my test drive but will be doing so again on the car I want to try and locate any of the niggles described in various threads on the forum and have them sorted before parting with money.

I'm excited though! Less than 10 weeks until I return and the search begins! :D

·
Registered
10,247 Posts
My main gripe are the dashboard rattles, but not everyone has them. I would say though that overall the new Civic is better than the last one apart from the build quality. Having said that, I'm confident that my Civic wont break down, just rattle!

·
Bournemouth Belle
900 Posts
Welcome to the best forum! :cool:

Where are you returning from? hope it's got better weather than good ole blighty - wind and rain last night!!

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Where are you returning from? hope it's got better weather than good ole blighty - wind and rain last night!!
Well I'm in a desert, so it is warm and sunny during the day but freezing at night and in the morning. Due to begin raining next week too we're told. When I first arrived we were reaching over 50 degrees during the day, I'll let you guess where I am... :D

·
Jayne here too!!
676 Posts
Welcome JH!!! You in the army i take it or possibly holidaying in the sahara!!!! lol

A relative of Chris' has just returned from Afganistan? Very nervous while he was there!!!

We had our car from Holdcroft! They are a great bunch!!! & Tony the service manager is lovely!!!! Not forgeting Gaz of course (Sorry Gaz don't want a ticking off)!!

Jayne & Chris x

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and we all know hes soaking up the sun and sand in Ireland

:dancing2:

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We had our car from Holdcroft! They are a great bunch!!! & Tony the service manager is lovely!!!! Not forgeting Gaz of course (Sorry Gaz don't want a ticking off)!!

Jayne & Chris x
Yeah in Army in Afghan looking forward to being home tbh. Good to know Holdcroft were a good bunch hope I catch them on good form as well. :)

Wishing I was in Ireland - is there really sun and sand there though?

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts

Welcome to the forum.:cool:

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts
Yeah in Army in Afghan looking forward to being home tbh. Good to know Holdcroft were a good bunch hope I catch them on good form as well. :)

Wishing I was in Ireland - is there really sun and sand there though?
LOL! Definately not my friend XD

You come to Ireland when you want a toned down version of Scotlands dull, cloudy wet days ^_^

1 - 20 of 20 Posts