2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just joined up today, so hi everyone. I own a 2.2ctdi Civic ES and generally I am pretty pleased with it although somewhat disappointed with the 35-38mpg it delivers around town. It seems I am not alone with my observation given the long post I found this morning on fuel economy.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
Hello and welcome.
Glad you are generally pleased with your car.
Fuel consumption.... just returned from a trip in the hills and got a reading down to 9mpg so think you are doing well!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
To be honest the fuel economy's pretty poor since the local council here decided to run four sets of concurrent major roadworks, closing off the town centre and causing gridlock the whole of Newbury for 12 weeks! I don't think any car does well on fuel with the engine idling for half an hour during any trip :)

On a run with a light throttle and sticking below 70mph the 2.2ctdi still returns reasonable fuel 50+ fuel economy, but not the 65 - 70mpg I get from my wife's Focus 1.6TDCI. Although that has far less power and torque and isn't as much fun to drive. It's interesting though that the book CO2 figures are 135g/km for the Civic versus 127g/km for the 1.6TDCI Focus yet the fuel economy comparison of the two cars is like day and night. Unless it just comes down to my car being new (covered less than 3K miles)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts