2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty certain that I shall be replacing my BMW 320d Sport with a Civic CTDi EX having just had a 3-day trial test (Most impressed)

As this will be a company car I have quite a decent budget to play with and would appreciate your thoughts/comments on the options I've considered namely:-
Car in Milano Red, Image Pack, Studio Pack, Concert Pack, Leather and 18" Storms.

Is the Concert pack any good or would I be better off going to my ICE dealer after?

Comments much appreciated
Andy

·
Registered
382 Posts
AndyM - there is a lot of suggestion elsewhere on the site that you might be better sorting out the ICE yourself.
With regard to the other options, my biggest regret is not adding either reversing sensors or camera, as rear visibility is poor.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I've been browsing the forums and as you say the Bassworks amp settings seem to throw up some less than good reviews.

As I mentioned I've had a demo car for 3-days and like you I found the rear visibility bad. Hopefully the camera with the Studio pack should take care of that problem.

The only gripe I have about the car is that the one I used had a whiney engine/turbo at low speeds around town although after I while I tuned out.

Have to say the performance was incredible compared to my BMW and my colleagues Alfa.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Hi Andy and welcome!

Lemster is getting his concert pack installed next week and will be in a good position to do us a before and after review (I will give him a kick)

I love the studio pack, the rear view camera is just great

Glad you did not opt for the common Black! ;-)

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Good choice of colour! With the image pack & storms that should look fantastic. I went for the City Pack (side and bumper protectors and parking sensors) really wish I had gone for image pack. The engine whine at low speed is one thing that I hated to start with, but now, I quite like it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The dealers said that the whine was only found on a few cars that they had seen. Also the car I used only had 400 miles on the clock, so I put this down to the engine still being tight and needing to be run in.

Of the colours available the red seems to really gleam in the sun with the black coming a close second. My problem is I can't keep black cars clean long enough due to the mileages I rack up.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi Andy,
Storms look superb (although pricey compared to after market which ultimately put me off), not sure about Milano red. Can highly recommend parking sensors, a lifesaver if parking on the street although rear visibility has not proved to be the issue I anticipated. As with many items in the forum, don't expect BMW build quality in the cabin!

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Hi Andy,
Storms look superb (although pricey compared to after market which ultimately put me off), not sure about Milano red. Can highly recommend parking sensors, a lifesaver if parking on the street although rear visibility has not proved to be the issue I anticipated. As with many items in the forum, don't expect BMW build quality in the cabin!
Milano Red is fine, just make sure you don't get it re-sprayed by anyone who tries to tell you its the same as Toyota Super Red 3. It ain't, I know from bitter experience.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It will be in Sale, Nr Altrincham about 7 miles south'ish of Manchester.

I'm getting quite excited now - Cant wait for the Beemer to go

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi there Andy!

Nice to see a new member joining the civic ranks!! ;)

With regard to the sound system, I can't really offer any first hand experience (yet!) as i'm still waiting for mine! (nice colour choice BTW!).

However having scanned round this site, it doesn't seem to be highly rated!! Especially the basworks system! :(

Third party speakers would definitly be a good option seeing as they are cheaper than dealer fit options.

the choice out there is vast and there are loads of good options to choose from. Can't go wrong with brands like Pioneer, Legacy, JBL, Kenwood etc.

If you want to go for something a bit special though, you could go for a bespoke handmade genesis system!

http://www.genesiscaraudio.net/

Happy hunting! ;)

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Hi Andy,

Red looks great, leather is worthwhile if there's space in the budget (the std interior looks a bit cheap, and when many of us bought the high spec cars leather wasn't available), definitely go for the rear view camera, and on my diesel the whine vanished after a couple of months.

Welcome!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah thanks I just saw that - Stunning.
Order in to the office admin people tomorrow.
Thanks for all your advice - Shall post piccys when I get the car

1 - 14 of 14 Posts