2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[smilie=tongue.gif] Hi All, please bear with me as this is my first post to the forum. Currently have a 2.2 se diesel on a test drive and am quite impressed with the car although I've not had the courage to try and reverse yet!! My gawd its awful at the back how do you judge things??? Im looking at moving from an Audi A3 to a Type S GT in 'Tangerine' but have heard some good and bad reports, so far I think its a very good car - anyone persuade my away from Honda?

Hope to see you on the road later in the month.

Cheers Simon

PS Lookers in Nottingham seem OK - anyone have any info on them?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hello

Hi Simon,
Can't go wrong with a Civ,like all cars it's not faultless but a lot better than most!

Had my 1.8 sport for about a month now and love it.
It's worth having a read through the site as there is some great information on here and I'm sure you won't find a more comprehensive and friendlier site than this!

Chris..............

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Hi Smon, welcome to the forum, had my spaceship nearly 18mths now. Had the odd little problem but nowt major, a great car.
You get used to the reversing but if your not sure get the parking sensors

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers

Thanks for the replies guys - it certainly helps to have some feedback from the people in the know - ie the drivers. Parking will always be difficult where i live so the sensors will be a welcome addition, however not the camera as this is some £1600 ++

Cheers Simon

:p

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
PS Lookers in Nottingham seem OK - anyone have any info on them?
I found Lookers in Nottingham REALLY useful. The Civics on the forecourt were absolutely filthy, so you could get a good idea which colour would hide it best.

That's why I chose Galaxy Grey. 8 weeks and 4,500 miles and it still looks relatively clean.

Clive (just over the border in Derbyshire, away from all the Nottingham gun crime).

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Lookers Nottingham!! - NOT RECOMMENDED

Glad someone found them of some use.

I drove all the way from Scotland to pick up a civic with the following advertised spec:
"EX ctdi, leather with panaoramic roof & multi cd,etc,etc."

Did the deal went over the controls with dealer asked where multi cd was "oh it must mean the mp3 player was the reply" After a long time & bit of discussion (threats of civinfo & trading standards) an offer was made along with a thats it take it or take your car back attitude.

Will never recommend or deal with Lookers again (their loss since between me & my wife we've owned 5 Hondas !! )

1 - 7 of 7 Posts