2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glasgow to be precise !

After many weeks deliberation and a few test drives, I've decided to take the plunge and go for the Type R. I was interested in a few cars including the Evo X which is awesome to drive if anyone gets the chance, but at the end of the day the deal I was offered on the Honda was too good to refuse.

I'm actually making a good sum of money by selling my existing car and changing over, which means I'll have some spare cash to put it through a few upgrades as well, as well as boosting my bank balance, so couldn't say no.

Car is about a week away, and I'd just like to say thanks to all on this site for their informative posts. The amount of info on here is incredible ! It went a long way to helping to tip the balance in favour of the Type R over the likes of the Focus ST and Leon Cupra.

Anyway, hi folks - its good to be joining you :D

·
Administrator
19,185 Posts
Hi and welcome to the Place :D

Good choice of car and I look forward to seeing the mods you do on your car. Have you posted any pics yet?

Any questions feel free to ask away :)

·
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
3,295 Posts
where in glasgow? Welcome to the forum...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A few miles outside Glasgow, near to Cumbernauld.

Not got a photo yet I'm afraid, just ordered the car so it'll be another week or so by the time it arrives.

Whats the best ECU remap to get ?

I'll change the exhaust to a Milltek (can't argue with £399 fitted!) and remap the ECU after 2k miles, not sure what else I'll get up to yet, maybe an LSD and upgrade the brakes and suspension. And a geo setup for the track, and I can see a few days out at Knockhill and Oulton Park for me next summer :D

·
Registered
10,247 Posts
Hello and a very warm welcome to Civinfo! (aka the best forum on the web!)

Ask any questions you like, we’re a friendly bunch.

Great to have you aboard.:D

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers for the welcome guys.

Already purchased one or two 'accessories' and bits n bobs thanks to info from this site. Car should be here sometime this week, looking forward to getting the 1st 1000 miles out the way and starting to make a few modifications ;)

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Welcome :D

What colour did you get?

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts

Welcome to the forum.:cool:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome :D

What colour did you get?

Nighthawk Black.

Like the 'stealth' look ;)

Only a few days now.....

Have actually got some of the parts / accessories etc before the car !

Nothing like organising in advance :D

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cheers for the extra info guys, this forum has been really useful over the past couple of weeks :D

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
welcome to the madness, from sunny Irvine

1 - 19 of 19 Posts