2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I.ve been debating about getting a CTR for a long time. While time hasn't been right so far the time is about right to get one. I really like the new shape one. The alloys do look a little plain and hope they may introduce an option for better alloys but other than that I like the styling and think its the last chance to get a hot hatch before time to move out from parents.

Anyway I live in Sunderland drive a 53 reg Mini Cooper, its has some decent ice in it with dvd players ipod link etc. I am looking to change around july/aug next year but wonder peoples opinions on this. Should I get a CTR straight away when the new one comes out and get a better part ex or wait 6 months till sept and get a demo/used one? Do they come out then or would I still have to look at a new one. Does anyone have any dealings with the dealerships in the area. The ice in the car, will it increase the value? I paid nearly a grand for the set up I have, will it put £500 on the price of the car or should I take it out and sell it on ebay or somewhere similar before I trade in?

I know of springfield on wessington way sunderland and springfield at gateshead.

Any advice would be brilliant and thanks again. Great website too. I've come across from Mini2.com and it feels pretty similar.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Can't tell you about the CTR but the ICE will add nothing to the part ex/second hand value except to an enthusiast.

Sorry!

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Neil,

I think the prices for the CTR will remain strong for a good year from lauch, so looking for a slightly used one will save you nothing and cost you quite a bit (a few thousand thrashed miles and one extra owner). I'd order now!

Taking ICE out is always the best bet - if anything it adds value to a car having it completely standard.

And.... welcome!

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
yep - what they said :)

(including the welcome :D)

I think that an ex-demo CTR will probably be the worst option in the first 6 -12 months.
everyone* with vague Civic connections are going to be visiting their local dlr for a drive in it and will give it some serious 'testing'...

* not everyone, obviously - but a lot!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome folks.

I am going to visit Springfield Sunderland today and see what they say. I do think that it might be better going for one in March as anotyher 6 months down the line the Mini will drop a bit. I'll take the ice out and sell it on ebay I think then. I paid £800 for it in January so it should be worth £500 or so. Its a lovely Kenwood 7 inch screen with internal dvd player with Ipod link.

cheers for the advice lads.

One last question, does anyone have any idea the price difference between the CTR and the CTR Gt? What will be the most popular one?

·
Registered
421 Posts
does anyone know if/when the type r is going to be available for test drives??

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
I bought my last Civic from Springfield in Sunderland and have no complaints about them at all. They went out of their way to be helpful, not like some I could mention.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
One last question, does anyone have any idea the price difference between the CTR and the CTR Gt? What will be the most popular one?
I've no idea on the price diff - but I'm guessing it's going to be substantial!
From memory, the GT is going to be able to spec'd up to basically EX levels - Sat Nav, glass roof, dual air con etc, whereas the R is going to be more stripped out.

Adding SatNav sperately to most cars (as dlr fit option) normally costs between £1200 and £1500
glass roof has got to be a few hundred quid.
Air con - not sure

But it's all going to add up :(

As to which will be more popular?

Hmmmmm.
IF it had come with (say) 240bhp, I would see a LOT of current CTR drivers running to upgrade to the new R
As it comes with exactly the same power as the current CTR, I think that less will.
But I could be wrong! :)

GT will appeal to people like me - who want a 'sensible' 'family(ish)' car, but with a bit of a wild side for when piloting solo :D

Had the GT been available when I had to order my EX, the EX wouldn't have been given a second look! :lol:

But the R is too basic for what I need to use my car for :(

·
Kids use a lot of space
806 Posts
I've heard sales will start in Mar, so I'd guess at late Feb for a test drive; possibly earlier dealers should know.

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
How can I blag a test drive in one, when my dealer knows full well I won't be upgrading.. ??

:D:D

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
How can I blag a test drive in one, when my dealer knows full well I won't be upgrading.. ??

:D:D

Don't Honda chuck them a few quid per testdrive?

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
They've probably got a "hot list" of members from this site.

·
Registered
226 Posts
As far as the test drive goes, you don't need to blag one, just ask. As long as you dont take the piss and want three hours in it, nobody should really mind.

You might find a salesman who would like half an hour away from the phone!!

·
Banned
34 Posts
Type R Test Drive

Hi, my Honda Dealer (in Kent) are getting a Type R on 15 Feb 07. So a test drive should be availible from then.

I cant wait, im ordering mine tomorrow. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts