2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Just joined the forum today. I'm going looking at a 07 2.2 i-CDTi EX at the Honda dealer in Blackburn on saturday so i joined to have a rumage through these forums for any tips. Not sure what colour to get though, the one i'm looking at is a sort of Champagne colour. I would love a black or red one though.

There are some lovely cars on display here and some very friendly people.

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
Welcome! Have a look at the wiki guide for buying a car, full of useful stuff to look out for. I'd love red or black as well... :popcorn:

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Welcome and good luck with your choice.

Think of the lowest price you can possibly offer...then knock off another thousand.

They can only say no. You won't lose a thing.

Alternatively, check the price on the net through one of the brokers, like DrivetheDeal, and have that in mind as the price you're prepared to pay.

·
Administrator
19,178 Posts
Hi and welcome to the place :D

Good luck looking for your new car, champagne is a great colour but black is better ;) :p

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
welcome aboard

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts

Welcome to the forum.:cool:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Just a quick update for anyone who cares.

Got back from viewing a 07 2.2 CDTi EX yesterday. I absolutley love the car. Its for sale at a dealer for £11,750 with 28,000 miles on the clock, which may seen a bit pricey but it has a massive list of optional extras like heated leather seats, panaramic roof. Blue LED footwell lighting which i thought was chavy at first but it grew on me after a while. It also has the rear view parking camera.

I rang the dealer today and he will take £11,500 for it so i'm happy with that and will be picking the car up next friday. Will post up pics asap.

I'm really please about it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Morning all..

Picked my civic up yesterday. Almost a week later than i had planned ( stupid AALoans sending out a cheque)..

Anyhow i am really happy as i knew i would be. I love sitting in it and messing with all the various buttons. The blue footwell lighting it lovely at night and the LCD rev counter will never cease to amaze me with how cool it looks.

On fridays i drive to Leeds with my job so its an hour's drive at 6:30am. I was actually looking forward to getting out of bed this morning so i could test it out on the motorway!!! How sad??

Couple of things i have noticed. The sat nav disk is 3.01. Should i be able to get the latest one FREE from honda as it is still under warranty with them?

Second thing is the passanger door handle is very stiff. Both my dad and girlfriend struggled with it at first. It really does make a clunk when you press it in.

And finally i keep hearing a clunking noise from the rear of the car. it doesnt sound like a mechanical issue but something like my parcel shelf or around that sort of area. Anyone any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Going up to the Lakes this weekend so will take some pictures and post them up.

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
You'll now be looking for other Champagne Silver cars - we have rather rare beasts at the moment. I'm also looking forward to trip to Lakes, Bowness on 18th, and back via friends on Wigan side of the motorway near the Reebok, look out for me on 22nd.

Noise - anything in the false floor? Otherwise no thoughts sorry, haven't got a satnav "something else to go wrong" = I didn't want to afford it!
Good luck,
Jimm

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Noise - anything in the false floor? Otherwise no thoughts sorry, haven't got a satnav "something else to go wrong" = I didn't want to afford it!
Good luck,
Jimm
The only item in the false floor is the compressor for inflating a punctured tyre but this is stuck down with velcro. I'll keep looking though. I need to sort it out though asap as it will drive me mad. OCD thing....

Will keep a lookout for ya

Thanks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts