2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Writing this on behalf of my father who is taking delivery of a 56 reg black 1.4SE next Tuesday. He hates computers. hence my posting on his behalf!

Not sure if i'm allowed to ask this, but does anyone know where I can get a good deal on 16" alloys for the 1.4 se other than from a main dealer? Unfortunately, he did'nt negotiate alloys as an option so is left with the steel caps. He lives in Leicestershire so is looking for a supplier in the midlands.

Thanks

Chunks

·
Registered
975 Posts
i would recomend getting honda alloys, i just dont like aftermarket alloys lol

·
Registered
114 Posts
Right, Alloy wheels eh :?:

Well, the best place to buy alloy wheels is probably the Internet, as there are many bargains to be had. Especially if you don't mind putting on non-Honda branded alloys. Ebay will probably give you the best value as second hand alloys sell at very cheap prices. You may even be able to find some Honda branded wheels on there if you like. Something like these perhaps :?:

If the Internet is not your ideal choice then you could check Loot or something similar. Or you could always phone directory enquiries for your nearest wheel and tyre shop. Cause i'm a nice guy, i searched yell.com for you and there's one based in leicester. It's the third one down on this page called Alloy Wheels 4 U.

You could also try an online supplier who'll deliver the wheels for you at your address.

Hope this helps. :wink:

·
Registered
114 Posts
P.S.

If you decide to go on Ebay, check the descriptions carefully to see if there's been any damage due to kerbing. You should allow an extra cost of around £50 per alloy that needs to be repaired. Don't be put off by damaged alloys as they can be repaired easily, relatively cheaply and to a high standard. [smilie=fixtit.gif]

·
Kids use a lot of space
806 Posts
Looks like he'll be getting his car tomorrow.

Just ask the dealer about Alloys, he might have some available, after all they just fit the tyres from the steel rims.
Might take time to change them over, but you'd get proper Honda alloys.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all your comments. I'll be going along with my dad to pick the car up tomorrow so will see what the dealer says. If that does not work out I'll try the other suggested contacts.

Quite looking forward to seeing this car myself!Looks great from the outside but not been inside one yet.

Cheers

Chunks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts