2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if i introduced myself when i first registered but ive since used the site for some useful information an also parts. A little background. This is my 6th honda. 1st being a T reg 2.0 es accord which got me hooked on the brand. Bose hifi full heated leather cruise decent engine all for 1500. I may add that my dad had a brand new t reg accord exactly the same when i just passed my test at 18. Had many a good night cruising with b.i.g blasting haha.
Then i was to get my pride and joy a jdm integra type r 96 spec which i owned for nearly 6 years. I looked after this very well and never really let me down, bar a drive shaft and ignition module, truely sublime motor in my opinion.
Then as i started a family i moved onto an accord type R which i really enjoyed but couldnt get away with the mpg so it made me move onto my next car a 2.2 idtec accord and that was when everything went a bit sour.
After having excellent cheap reliable motoring for so long with petrol hondas i was gutted when i got a 10k accord on tick just to have two dual mass flywheels go on me. This was covered in the warranty but the inconvenience of it all led me to swap it for another identical motor. Everything seemed fine for about 1k miles until the clutch started slipping and the dpf filter totally went :{
This led me to go back to petrol with a 1.8 ESt civic which im really happ with. Ive managed to aquire and fit the whole 5 door type r/s kit and put on my accord type r wheels that i still had (spare set). Think the car looks really nice now but maybe needs the subtle ti spoiler a 20mm drop and 15-20mm spacers. Im really gutted the accord didnt work out as i loved it, so im making the most of the civic ;)

Some snaps...

·
Administrator
18,004 Posts
Nice intro there fella, it seems you are a Honda die hard.

Nice pic's and nice cars too #jealous

The Civic looks stunning

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice intro there fella, it seems you are a Honda die hard.

Nice pic's and nice cars too #jealous

The Civic looks stunning
Thanks Farqui. Apart from the odd rattle that ill be sorting im really happy with it. I get around 39mpg pottering around and the boot is huge. Ill be looking after this as i have with my other cars. The lad i sold the integra to is still doing 14 second 1/4 miles and not using hardly any oil at 160k miles. 5k mile oil changes for you.

·
Redline Monster
1,575 Posts
Hello mate & welcome to Civinfo - Nice Cars you have an excellent car history

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys. As i said earlier the accord was the car i wanted but this little civic has really grown on me. Looking to space the rear wheels 20mm whilst adding heko wind deflectors, tinted rear windows,rear camera and a type s spoiler which i think is the same as the ti one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts