2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there all, just found this forum from a link on another site

I've currently got an 04 1.7 ctdi SE civic which has been a more than capable workhorse, but it's time is up and the only choice for the replacement has to be the new civic.

So, as my sig says I've ordered a 2.2 ES in Night Hawk Black, and now all I have to do is wait for another 6 weeks to get it!!

is this about right? I've bought the car from Lincoln Honda, and all models all colours were a similar delay, apparently due to the new civic outselling the Ford Focus in Lincolnshire!

anyway, nice to meet you all

Big Chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,359 Posts
Congratulations, and welcome!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
273 Posts
Hi big-chris, welcome to the finest site... i agree with hartside that it's gonna be a very long 6 weeks. The hardest bit i find is the eve of the pick-up.. had a restless nite ( i have to make sure that i get up nice and early for the 8 o'clock pick up ) :D its worthwhile to see my husband so happy when he got the keys.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Hi,
Six weeks wait is not that long. I recently picked up my new Civic after waiting two months with the original delivery and a further month because there was a delay in production. Yes, it was worth the wait :D but I suggest you find out the actual build and delivery dates from the dealer or Honda Customer care and keep checking on a weekly basis to avoid finding out last minute that your car has been delayed. :x
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
785 Posts
Welcome to the site mate - I just put it completely out of my mind even on the day I was getting it, made the wait much easier :)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,712 Posts
Hi Big Chris, a very good colour choice. See Gallery. :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi all, and thanks for the welcome, nice to meet you all

elfa7 said:
Hi Big Chris, a very good colour choice. See Gallery.
I actually initially wanted a vivid blue one, having seen one on the back of a transporter on the motorway I thought it was a fantastic colour. However once I got into the showroom and saw the car in the flesh (so to speak), there was only ever going to be one colour ;)

I've already found the gallery thanks - and I have the picture below as my desktop 8) isn't it beautiful?

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
I think I must have been very lucky - I placed my order a week and a half ago for a 2.2 diesel EX in Galaxy Grey and am picking it up in 3 days time!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
well, turns out that it's coming at just the right time - i signed the paperwork on my new civvie on the friday morning and then friday afternoon someone decided to drive into the side of my old megane. gutted.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Big-Chris said:
Hi there all, just found this forum from a link on another site

I've currently got an 04 1.7 ctdi SE civic which has been a more than capable workhorse, but it's time is up and the only choice for the replacement has to be the new civic.

So, as my sig says I've ordered a 2.2 ES in Night Hawk Black, and now all I have to do is wait for another 6 weeks to get it!!

is this about right? I've bought the car from Lincoln Honda, and all models all colours were a similar delay, apparently due to the new civic outselling the Ford Focus in Lincolnshire!

anyway, nice to meet you all

Big Chris
Hi CHris

i got my Honda today from Lincoln- there was only a 25 day wait when i first asked about having one, but i called them on the off chance and they had the one i wanted coming in not sold.....so ripped his arm off. if you contact Boston Retford as well they might have one conming in not sold.

cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Lee

I'm not that fussed about the wait really, I wanted a 56 plate anyway, it's just that I now feel like a kiddie on Christmas eve!

How did you find the service at Lincoln? I've had 4 cars from them now (including the new one on order) and never had a complaint - first rate!

I'll keep an eye out for you mate, do you go anywhere near Bracebridge Heath?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Big-Chris said:
Hi Lee

I'm not that fussed about the wait really, I wanted a 56 plate anyway, it's just that I now feel like a kiddie on Christmas eve!

How did you find the service at Lincoln? I've had 4 cars from them now (including the new one on order) and never had a complaint - first rate!

I'll keep an eye out for you mate, do you go anywhere near Bracebridge Heath?
Hi. i am up there a bit. i live down in north hykeham.
i work for a well know CHICKEN FAST FOOD chain so spend my live on the A1 and M1 dringing to and fro stores


the service at Lincoln Honda was top class and were all pro's

the car is well worth the wait. i dont think i will get board of people looking at the car with a smile on there face!!

ha ha ha :D
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top