2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there :)
im after buying a civic early next year so looking to do some research before i make my mind up, on what to buy what colour spec etc. Any mowns or niggles or bits the drivers dont like or having problems with ?
i.e like the rear surspersion rattles etc
Im dont know what colour to go for but it will be the cdti and be ether the es or ex, because i like my toys ;)

Thanks for your time and info be much greatful. :D
keep up the good work on this super looking froum 8)

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Hi I.W.A.C. the short answer to your question would be read as much of the forum as you can, its getting bigger every day, then ,I hope you will have a better idea.
For me this is the best car I have ever owned, but it is still only 4 months old so early days yet.
The colour is a personal thing just try keep away from the very common NIGHT HAWK BLACK.

I hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Take no notice of kevin, NHB Rules, OK :!:

He's right about reading. There's lots of information here. Don't take too much notice of the faults and niggles as they only affect a small number of cars (apart from the HFT; but that has now been sorted).

Lot's of 'leg-pulling' as well. Civic drivers seem to be a happy friendly bunch of down-to-earth people. :lol:

Welcome; enjoy. :D

ps: have a look through the 'Gallery' for lots of colour choices. Difficult as it looks good in all of them. :wink:

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
allan40alt said:
Civic drivers seem to be a happy friendly bunch of down-to-earth people. :lol:

I'm Not! ;-)

Welcome IWAC

·
..with Superchips please!
336 Posts
I'm Not! ;-)

Welcome IWAC

No! Nor me - my efforts to be the Ultimate Grumpy Old Man are going very well!

Welcome again IWAC!!

(Can't get used to the new format!)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Hi I.W.A.C

I agree on all the comments bout the car but if you are really up to cleaning and keeping the spaceship looking it's best , then NHB is the right colour for you :D

Btw, welcome on board :D

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
Hi IWAC welcome to the site and don't believe all the stories on this site about NHBs being hard to keep clean, it's just jealousy on their part as they realise they chose the wrong colour ;)

From the Dark Side

·
Registered
226 Posts
As long as you have any colour besides NHB, you'll be ok

The NHB division is always getting stronger, and they will try and recruit you to ford model T manifesto.

Just be carefull in your choice of colour!!!

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Hi IWAC welcome to the site and don't believe all the stories on this site about NHBs being hard to keep clean, it's just jealousy on their part as they realise they chose the wrong colour ;)

From the Dark Side
I'm looking forward to the winter pictures.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Don't believe the truth??? The Civic is fantastic, but as with any ground breaking new model you are going to get teething problems. All in all I am very happy with mine and had no end of comments about it.

Just gave it a real proper clean and looks awesome, only SE but looks so mean and sporty, applied RAINRACER to all windows and now can't wait to try it in the rain!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've had my Civic since January and have had no real problems other than the Bluetooth HFT system, but my dealer looked into this for me and since then it's been perfect.

Best car i've driven. Will give it up when i can afford a Type R or the RR if they ever make that ;)

·
Onto my second Civic
469 Posts
I'd say I'm quite happy with mine; I'll probably be very happy when Honda replace the scratched dashboard later in the week.

Now that I'm getting used to the aluminium pedals and the gears are loosening up a bit the car is delightful to drive. It seems happier on Super Unleaded fuel too. The console is pioneering and the 1.8 engine a gem. There are a handful of things I'm not sure about but the perfect car is yet to be designed.

I can't recommend the leather trim enough too: it gives the interior a luxurious feel and looks spotless. The standard interior was one of the things I didn't like when I first inspected one of these captivating cars.

Regarding colour, I think the Nighthawk Black, Alabaster Silver and Galaxy Grey are proving the most common (certainly in this area!).

·
Registered
14 Posts
On the colour issue I found that some of the colours work better in certain lights than others.

Initially I was going to go for the Galaxy grey but I found that they look great in sunshine and a bit mucky brown when it's overcast. On a sunny day it looks stunning though but I worried about how it would date.

I then thought about having the Cosmic Grey Pearl which seemed to look menacing and brooding on darker days but didn't do much on sunny days.

I cant really see what difference there is meant to be between all the other silvers from pictures on the internet. They all look a bit samey and i have either never seen a blueish silver or champagne silver car on the road or they look like the alabaster silver one in real life too.

My first test drive was in a NHB one and it didn't do it for me. I know that they are proving popular but I've never been a fan of black cars unless they speak and drive themselves.

The red one is my least favourite and i think honda only sell it so dealers can say that you don't have to pay for metallic paint - one look and you either pay up or haggle harder. Also it looks lthe same colour as my friends minging old (Charlie) Corolla.

I've never seen any of the blue ones on the road - vivid Bue looks a bit gaudy on the website and the Royal blue doesn't seem to suit the car. (On the subject of Blues the new Grande Punto comes in a stunning blue colour, unfortunately it is a crap car though)

In the end I plumped for the alabaster silver. My other Civic is a similar colur and it has been good at the following - not looking too disgusting when you don't wash it for a month, not looking too bad when stone chipped and the classic zip scratch on door from supermarket car park.

Colour is very much a personal thing and the main thing is that whatever colour you end up with you will not fall asleep looking at your pride and joy which new focus drivers cannot say - even their ST Asbo thing in bright orange looks like a pensioner in a bright shell suit........ my god I've just realised the ST is Jimmy Saville!

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
If you needed to check out "ALL" the colours the Civic is available in you should have come for a day trip to Swindon..... they are everywhere here in all colours......

The guys that bolt them together in Swindon (QUOTE "The Mothership" - RR) pretty much "all" seem to get one as a company car ;) good for checking the colour you like..... its like a giant Civic showroom.....

Mine gets no attention at all in Swindon... but it turns heads elsewhere...

·
Registered
14 Posts
It used to be like that for Rovers round here cause all the BAE workers & Ex-Leyland Motors / DAF people used to get them on discount. The father in law even convinced me into getting a Rover 400 once. It was a horrible lumbering beast despite it pretending to be a Civic saloon.
The worst thing was then trying to sell one of the bloody things. Due to the flooded market you got about 12p as a part ex.

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
You better think about ordering soon as there is quite a wait for them

1 - 18 of 18 Posts