2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone
Paul from Cheshire here.

Placed an order (company lease) for 2.2CTDi ES in Nighthawk black a few weeks ago. Estimated delivery date is week ending 15.2.08. Really counting the minutes.

I found the whole process of picking a lease car really frustrating. I was initially looking at a Focus but my local dealer was so unwelcoming (could not give a monkey's attitude) and very unhelpful I gave it a miss. VW were slightly better, but they would not allow unaccompanied test drive so I could not really test the car properly. I was very impressed by my local Honda garage as they openly welcome company car drivers and allowed me an unaccompanied test drive. I test drove both the 1.8 petrol and 2.2CTDi and the diesel won the day.

The other thing that struck me was the dramatic difference in leasing costs. The Golf and Focus were almost double the price of the Civic.

Please do not let there be a delay in delivery

·
Exiled Englishman
606 Posts
Welcome Paul, Im sure you will like the car when you get it, where in Cheshire are you, Im from Nantwich originally but ended up in the cold hell that is Scotland.;)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi there britsbest and bucketp.

I live in Macclesfield, so not far from Cheadle.

I can't wait to downsize from my current car which is a 1.8 petrol Vectra. Good on the motorway and for carting the kids and luggage around, but crappy round town.

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts

Welcome to the forum Paul.:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
The other thing that struck me was the dramatic difference in leasing costs. The Golf and Focus were almost double the price of the Civic.
Hi Paul

Very interesting what you say about the leasing costs - this bodes well for the civic holding its value. :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, just to give you some idea of the price differences

Civic £51.00 per month
Focus £91.00 per month
BMW 1 series £134.00 per month. eek !!!

All were similar spec. The Focus list price was approx £600 more expensive (leasing company threw in metallic paint free). The BMW was about £1000 more expensive. Just shows that you have to get loads of quotes.

I did not understand the BMW quote. I thought the residules of BMW's were good, but this must not be the only consideration.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts