2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I currently have a seat ibiza cupra tdi running 200bhp and 450nm. I am hoping to get a new silver type r gt in the summer. I have always liked type rs so how do you think it will compare to my diesel rocket. Also how much are the rage alloys as I think there awesome. Look forward to meeting you all and goin on meets. Also is this the main type r forum on the net? Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi.

Can't really tell you how it will compare to your Supra but can guarantee it will sound nicer especially in VTEC mode...;) I too wanted the 19" Rage wheels and can tell you if possible, its best to get them with the car. There is a guy on 'pistonheads.co.uk' who sells them for 1k a set but the honda after price is £418 per wheel or at least what i was told when i called the dealer.. :confused:

Drewster

Type R GT (00302), Milano Red, 19" Rages, Ipod kit, Carpets n Gear Knob thingy...

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
You will miss the torque

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
The misses has a Leon Cupra 150Bhp TDI and the torque in that is great fun and I love driving it. But it is nowhere near as much fun as the CTR. A 200Bhp Ibiza will have a bit more acceleration due to the power to weight ratio and buckets more torque than the CTR. However the CTR does sound superb, no annoying turbo lag, handles exquisitely, has a mega grin factor, better build quality and is also extremely liveable with on a day to day basis. The only thing I can suggest is go and have a good test drive and let us know what you think for the two.

·
You're or your..........
2,782 Posts
did i hear someone say torque is lazy ? :p

as other people said you might miss the torque around town, but nothing else because when you hit the sweet spot (vtec) , it goes crazy !

no mate this aint the "main" type r forum , but it is the main civic forum i think.

do a search on google for "other" CTR forums, but this is the friendliest by FAR in my opinion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts