2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm Chris and represent Project Mu within Europe, so if anyone has any brake issues they need help with hopefully I'll be able to provide some useful feedback.

Kind regards,

Chris

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
hello and welcome :)

·
Administrator
19,178 Posts
Hi and welcome to the Forum :D

Might be a good idea to contact Pottsy and register as a commercial user :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi Chris, welcome to the site, I hear you're the expert with all braking issues :)
I took my CTR on a track day last year and against better advice I didn't change my OEM pads first, doh?! This cost me an expensive lesson as they faded so bad I needed to replace all pads. I thought I would go with a total disc and pad overhaul so got new yellow stuff pads and some EBC grooved discs aswell from CRN products. I also ordered some HEL braided hoses but haven't fitted these yet. They seemed to bed in fine aside the strange humming noise which I actually quite liked the sound of, and when braking hard when hot they are very very responsive. But now I get an annoying high pitch intermittent squeel at low rolling speeds in traffic when pedal is not depressed. To me it almost sounds like the discs are warped but I hope they are not as not even 2,000 miles on them yet or any track days! :( Have you any idea what this could be it does it when hot or cold and only when pedal is not depressed? :confused: Regards, Steve

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum mate! [smilie=superkewl.g:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts