2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

Been gathering as much info on 8th Gen Civics as possible and came across this forum, so thought it would be a good idea to join.

I work in IT as a Platform Engineer in the web hosting industry. I'm typically a Nissan owner, but I like all sorts of cars across different makes, countries, styles etc. Currently driving a 1.0l K11 Micra, and have a 2.0l P11 Primera estate in my garage ready for an engine transplant. My wife and I agreed that we needed a car that hasn't had nearly every nut and bolt turned by my spanners at some point, and one that isn't rotten on nearly every panel either. I suggested an 8th Gen Civic, and given its unconventional styling, I was surprised that she actually really liked it - so that's what we're looking for. It's nice when we agree.

I've already found so much valuable information on here from browsing a few posts, but I'm sure I'll have some other questions at some point. I'll be sure to post the car once we've found one we like. My wife isn't a fan of modifications, but I'm sure I can sneak a few under the radar as long as they're not too obvious :wink3:

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
Welcome and salutations if you want smiles per miles it's got to be a 8th gen type r ' nice toy ! Just tell the mrs it's a standard civic :VTECSMILEY:.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd love a Type-R, but we'll have to see what the running costs are like. The point of contention appears to be the red interior, that and most of the Type-Rs I've seen for sale are red on the outside.

I want a silver one and my wife wants either black or white. I think we'll end up with a 1.8, since that seems to be the best compromise between economy and performance. I'm not looking for anything fast at this stage. I'm told that the 1.4 is super slow, and the 2.2 diesels are scarce at the moment.

Do you know how these Civics are for upgradability? So if I wanted to retrofit options such as body trims from higher spec cars, or update lights or grille from a later 8th gen, is that easy enough to do?

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
As far as I'm aware most of the parts like body kit and lights etc are interchangeable but it depends upon what model you choose ' good luck with your hunt ' and check out the for sale section on this forum the members here look after their for sale items and won't rob you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts