2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone.
I'm new to forums and new to Honda! However, I couldn't resist the design of the new Civic so in January bought a one-year old 2.2 diesel sport :). All was well until last month when I also developed the rattles/knocking around the windscreen :(, but I'll get these checked out at its next service as it seems to be pretty common complaint. Also, after 2500 miles I've had to top-up with 0.5L oil. Is this common for this type of engine or with diesels in general :?:. After 60K in a petrol VW Bora (previous car) I never ever had to add oil between services! Look forward to hearing from forum members. Cheers[smilie=cheeky-grin:. G

·
Registered
398 Posts
Hello Everyone.
I'm new to forums and new to Honda! However, I couldn't resist the design of the new Civic so in January bought a one-year old 2.2 diesel sport :). All was well until last month when I also developed the rattles/knocking around the windscreen :(, but I'll get these checked out at its next service as it seems to be pretty common complaint. Also, after 2500 miles I've had to top-up with 0.5L oil. Is this common for this type of engine or with diesels in general :?:. After 60K in a petrol VW Bora (previous car) I never ever had to add oil between services! Look forward to hearing from forum members. Cheers[smilie=cheeky-grin:. G[/quote]

Welcome to the forum gthok...

And yes we had to fill up oil in between the first service and having the car from new. Not much about the same as you, but we have been giving free oil with the car on collection.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts