2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first actual post was made earlier today in the general discussion section so thought i should add something here out of politeness too :)

Do not yet own a civic but planning on buying a type S GT within the next 2-3 weeks so have been stalking these forums in the meantime learning all i can.

So hi, i look forward to experimenting with mods and taking some nice pictures in the near future, i feel a project coming on...

(my other post is linked below)

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/general-discussion/91013-new-member-looking-some-purchasing-advice.html

·
Space Ranger
970 Posts
Welcome mate look forward to seeing your pictures

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ello fella

Nice choice of car - are you going for the 1.8 or the 2.2?

:popcorn2:
Hi Karlos

Was originally set on the 1.8 as i dont do the miles for a diesel. The Type R has however been thrown into the mix and so i am considering that as well!

Ive got my eye on a dealer who has a Type S 1.8, and two type R's, all three in the colour i want, so i think i will be paying a visit next week to see what feels right. I will then be sure to get some pictures up of the purchase and how things look before i start playing around with it :D

I guess at the moment im just waiting for someone to give me a solid reason to ignore the Type R and just get the Type S, but the R is just so tempting!

Insurance is affordable, annual mileage is only 6-8k so fuel will be affordable....Perhaps the clincher is that there are 3 girls at my work with Type R's in the parking lot, can i really show up with a Type S, as good as it may be? :)

·
Frood Dood
1,544 Posts
Hi Karlos

Was originally set on the 1.8 as i dont do the miles for a diesel. The Type R has however been thrown into the mix and so i am considering that as well!

Ive got my eye on a dealer who has a Type S 1.8, and two type R's, all three in the colour i want, so i think i will be paying a visit next week to see what feels right. I will then be sure to get some pictures up of the purchase and how things look before i start playing around with it :D

I guess at the moment im just waiting for someone to give me a solid reason to ignore the Type R and just get the Type S, but the R is just so tempting!

Insurance is affordable, annual mileage is only 6-8k so fuel will be affordable....Perhaps the clincher is that there are 3 girls at my work with Type R's in the parking lot, can i really show up with a Type S, as good as it may be? :)
Well .... you could look at it from the point of view that a Type R (at your place of work) could be considered a girls car ..... :worms:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts