2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, has anyone ever used one of those hid upgrade kits? Seen them on autobulbs direct for about 70 quid. Any of you guys installed these?

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
if the lights you are going to use them in a reflectors designed for halogens don't bother - the light output will be all over the place.

·
Super Moderator
3,339 Posts
And it will possibly fail MoT test.
Are you wanting to doi this on your 57 plate DSI SE as per your profile? Because that's a Jazz not a 10G Civic. If not, what car are you talking about?

·
Premium Member
2,127 Posts
MOT Fail:-

That being said, have a look at my previous posts in the 9G Lighting section.

If you are looking to retrofit the 10G Projector halogens, venture forth - It'll work, and is well tested especially by US customers.

If it is a Jazz with reflector headlights, (I.e. you can see mirrors) - Please don't, you'll blind everyone!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a 10G civic I have so yes its projectors. So you guys think the stealth HID kits on autobulbs will be ok and not get me pulled over?

I cant see the setting to update my car in my profile.

·
Super Moderator
3,339 Posts
It is unlikely that you will 'get pulled over' but it is highly likely that it will fail an MOT test.

Click your username then 'View Public Profile'

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Was just about to buy an upgrade kit and watched an installation video on YouTube. It was american but the guy said that you need an H11B type bulb or the return wire will cast a shadow in your light pattern. HIDS4U told me that very few cars use this bulb so they don't make a kit for it.

Another site says that almost all new Japanese cars are now H11B so I don't know what to think now. Is it maybe just american civics with the H11B fitting while we still have the H11A?

Can't see the H11B anywhere except in American websites and don't really wanna import a kit to find out it's wrong.

Does anyone know for sure which fitting the uk cars have?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts