2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Shake n Bake
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my HIDs goes pink/purple after switching on, I swapped bulbs and the problem changed side so problem must be the bulb.

Where's the best/cheapest place for a genuine replacement?

BTW these are genuine factory fitted HIDs

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
Reactions: foggy4ever

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
Ebay is can be ok - you need to be careful tho, had a real crappy set one time from them.

This is the seller of the good ones I purchased: 35w Xenon HID Replacement Bulbs, Excellent Quality, 2 Years *Warranty. UK SELLER | eBay
I purchased 5000k - Really crisp white, no blue and work very well in all weather!
Even those have drawbacks, always look for ones that resemble as close to OEM as possible in particular the connectors and the bracket at the base of the glass part of the bulb.

Compare those with these - D2R HID BULBS (PAIR) – Aurora Bulbs

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
Even those have drawbacks, always look for ones that resemble as close to OEM as possible in particular the connectors and the bracket at the base of the glass part of the bulb.

Compare those with these - D2R HID BULBS (PAIR) – Aurora Bulbs
Also, see members like Mr JP for bulbs ;)

Have to say tho, the ones that I tried from ebay that were terrible had a suspended mounting:

The produced a very flat beam shape, no kick up on the left with very bright hot spots in the middle. Night time visibility was dire at best, and to be sure it wasn't me I mounted them several times.

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
This was the mounted bulb version I had:

And the ones I first linked to that had the bulbs molded into the base. The kick up is quite distinct how it should be:

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
I should have said its not a guarantee of quality but is usually a good sign. The cheaper ones don't usually bother with metal base.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Hi gents i hope you guys can help me, i have this problem, i have a pink bulb on just one side, the problem i have is i didnt fit the lights they were on when i brought the car and i am unsure what bulb i need, when looking on the net they all look pretty similar and a couple which seem to fit the below, it looks to have one of these on the back of the bulb(below),(is this the balast)?? i have no clue, im hoping someone can give me a clue because i have no idea and dont want to get the wrong ones as they arent the cheapest of bulbs.

Thanks in advance!!!
adge

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
Hi gents i hope you guys can help me, i have this problem, i have a pink bulb on just one side, the problem i have is i didnt fit the lights they were on when i brought the car and i am unsure what bulb i need, when looking on the net they all look pretty similar and a couple which seem to fit the below, it looks to have one of these on the back of the bulb(below),(is this the balast)?? i have no clue, im hoping someone can give me a clue because i have no idea and dont want to get the wrong ones as they arent the cheapest of bulbs.

Thanks in advance!!!
adge

Yes you require D2R bulbs, they don't have to cost the earth I sell them for £20 delivered the pair.

Also a link to them on our website - http://www.aurorabulbs.com/products/d2r-hid-bulbs-pair?variant=908505243

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
MR JP

Do i need the ones with the reflective strip on?? the ones on dont have the reflective strip and a blue bar up the side, i dont know if this makes a difference

thanks

adge

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
MR JP

Do i need the ones with the reflective strip on?? the ones on dont have the reflective strip and a blue bar up the side, i dont know if this makes a difference

thanks

adge

You should do as they are the correct type for the reflector headlights.

Someone must have some point installed D2S bulbs which are incorrect.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
You should do as they are the correct type for the reflector headlights.

Someone must have some point installed D2S bulbs which are incorrect.
Thanks for your help, and such fast response, thats why i love this place!! iv just ordered them, i cant believe the price, i thought i was going to be paying upwards of £60

adge

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hi

This week I have found myself in the same boat - one pink dipped headlight which is also flickering at times on our 06 1.8 EX (auto levelling). Most sites say that I just needed a H7 halogen, which I bought this morning, however, followed the instructions in the Honda manual I removed the back cover only to end up scratching my head as to why it looks nothing like the manual. After reading this forum I think I may have Xenon/HID's?

What I see inside the back of the light looks very similar to this:-

https://8ca0aecfedc3337e65ff-35e45e...ft_euros_fn2_genuine_headlight-14826fb282.jpg

Even if I got the correct replacement bulb, how do you go about changing it? Is it a case of somehow loosening the two star head screws then twist and remove the entire black plastic part in the centre?

I'm happy with the colour of the original lamps but it looks like these lamps come in different colour temperatures, does anyone know what colour the original Honda lamps are so I can get an equivalent?

Thanks

·
Administrator
18,084 Posts
Yes, that setup is for OEM HID's and as you say you loosen the Torx to twist off the mount and bulb out.

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Hi mate,

I pmd you not sure if you got it, I only got 5 bulbs I think I'm missing the boot light bulb?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Thanks for the information, managed to get the drivers side out ok, so confident I could change that if required, however, my pink lamp is on the passenger side. How on earth are you supposed to undo the screws on that side with almost zero space behind it? Does that air intake pipe detach at the bottom somehow?

Thanks!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Just in case someone else has the same problem in the future. I ended up buying a pair of replacement HID bulbs from AuroraBulbs above (6000k) - thank you. I found removing the battery made things a lot easier undoing the retaining screws with an offset ratchet screwdriver. Can't really tell much difference between the original (Osram) and the replacement but am happy I can see again!
Thanks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts