2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just putting a question out there I've recently bought Hid kit from aurora lighting and it's been in for three weeks now I've noticed these are not very bright at all well there are 35w which in fact is pretty weak compared to standard bulb is 55w is it possible to fit a 55w HID Kit in would it cause any issues?? If not where's best hid for under £100 and no I don't want a cheap cheap flebay kit either.

Help please.. cheers most appreciated

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,281 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Id try LEDs tbh. BTW I used a 35w Londoncolour ebay kit for years in my last car, had no issues, but id say that the LED's im using are brighter.
I can't use LEDs in Projectors bud built only for H1 bulbs style

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In my experience, HIDs have been brighter than LEDs. I've got a set of 55W bulbs from Amazon, and they've been perfectly good in my 9G - Exceedingly bright.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01HOAZ6LQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If you were a bit closer you could've had the spare set to borrow! (Use them as high beams in winter)
I'm after H1 as the projector and special adapter plate I've bought only takes H1 want a new bright set these bulbs are yeh I don't want to say it may affect there sales lol

·
Premium Member
2,281 Posts
Looks like you're in luck: https://www.amazon.co.uk/HID-Xenon-Bulb-Kit-6000K,12V/dp/B01HOCPF4W

Can't imagine they're much different, other than the base plate.

Practiaclly all aftermarket HID bulbs / Ballasts use AMP Connectors, so if you get decent ballasts (Like these), you can get any AMP connector H1 HID Bulb.

Have a look at my posts in the 9G Lighting section for a brightness demonstration; Out of intrest, are the bulbs you have fitted H1 or H1R? If they have the shades for reflector use (H1R) removing those would help greatly.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Guys,you do know that a retrofit HID is an automatic MOT failure?
Wow lol others have done this on here retrofit projector conversion with HIDs and all passed .long as you stay within OEM 3500k and 5500k . I asked two garages here within 2-3 weeks of the update mot certification and it's passible strange .

·
i-Vtec
2,229 Posts
Wow lol others have done this on here retrofit projector conversion with HIDs and all passed .long as you stay within OEM 3500k and 5500k . I asked two garages here within 2-3 weeks of the update mot certification and it's passible strange .

Chances are many, if not most, MOT testers will not even notice they are HID's. They will really only care if, when on, the headlight has the correct alignment, level and cut off. Things like Levelers are near impossible to test and washers, if fitted, must work. I've already had an email conversation with VOSA with regards to this and if they are not fitted they cant not be a reason for failure. But the reason for failing aftermarket HID's is very long regardless.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes I ive got a brilliant cut off line and correct alignment with 5000k which the tester is anal lol said that's perfect that lined it up because it was set too high as they were new headlights ...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts