2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
The flying Dutchman
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this question is propably answered a hundred times, but i cant seem to find the answer.

as the dutch government is lowering the standards for aftermarket HIDs (no autolevel and sprayers) i was wondering if it was a good idea to retrofit HIDs in my Civic with has Halogen units, not the Xenon/hid units.
and what color do you think looks best compared to the light output.
i can imagen that 12000K, which is purple/blue, has a lower effective light output then 6000K or 8000K.

Cheers!

·
Dutch
1,945 Posts
this question is propably answered a hundred times, but i cant seem to find the answer.

as the dutch government is lowering the standards for aftermarket HIDs (no autolevel and sprayers) i was wondering if it was a good idea to retrofit HIDs in my Civic with has Halogen units, not the Xenon/hid units.
and what color do you think looks best compared to the light output.
i can imagen that 12000K, which is purple/blue, has a lower effective light output then 6000K or 8000K.

Cheers!

Just send you a pm a minute ago, in Dutch ;)

·
The flying Dutchman
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so H7r can be used in halogen units? and the normal h7 hid bulbs?
i dont want to blind people with my lights.

·
The flying Dutchman
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
H7R is specially made for reflector lamps like we have in the civic, I have them to, looks great!
where did you get them? ive send you a reply to the PM that you have sended me :)

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
The lower the colour temp the greater the output until around 3,500K which is max brightness from memory.

However, the lower temp the more yellow the light.

6,000K is usually the best compromise between colour and visibility in a retrofit as non HID reflectors tend to give a slightly more yellowy output to start with. 4,500K for OEM.

·
The flying Dutchman
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for that mate! appears i'm going for 6000K then.
also found that i need h7R else i will blind others.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Dont pay that much, majority of slim ballast H7R kits will be the same.
The ones in your link Alpha, are perfect. I have them on my car and have been told not to go for the cheaper kits as they are inferior quality.

I have fitted ebay cheapies before, and they burned out after a year of use. HIDS4U make quality kits. The H7R 55W slim is a good choice in 6000K.

BEFORE

AFTER 6000K

Reactions: Alpha

·
The flying Dutchman
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The ones in your link Alpha, are perfect. I have them on my car and have been told not to go for the cheaper kits as they are inferior quality.

I have fitted ebay cheapies before, and they burned out after a year of use. HIDS4U make quality kits. The H7R 55W slim is a good choice in 6000K.

BEFORE

AFTER 6000K
thanks for that good sir!
any chance that you get me a picture from the car with those babies on?? :) would be extremely appreciated!

·
The flying Dutchman
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Anyone else has experience with the Hids4u 6000K 55w kits?
in a other thread i noticed that someone mentioning that the 8000K kit looked like 6000K. does that mean the 6000K kit looks like 5000 or 4300K?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.